Have you hit your limit yet? Regarding CC inventory.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I currently have enough for about 8 lifetimes. I have no idea why I keep buying like a madman. This is a sickness. I’m aware of no cure. 

For those that are sitting on smokes they don't plan on smoking, consider donating them! There are many troops overseas that would love to be able to relax with the smokes you don't want. In fact, I a

Just looked over my CC list to see what I still wanted to pick up:

50 boxes is enough  for me. At my rate of consumption I have something like 6 to 7 years worth of stock. My acquisition plan is to but about 6 boxed a year of primo regular production. 

• Like 2

I’m a 65% NC/35% CC smoker and I have about 5 years of stock if I were to not buy any more cigars.  I too am much less interested in sampling new stuff as I used to be.  I would rather build stock of the variety I know I love.  Sampling (buying singles) actually costs more and I end up experiencing a lot of mediocrity.  Thus, I’ve shifted my experimental personality toward spirits and coffee.

That said, cigars are only going up in price.  Better to buy now than later if possible.  My shopping now is only for the best deals.  I feel no pressure to buy anything, which may be the best benefit of having a few years of stock.

• Like 3

That's what I love about this site. Being brand new to CC's most of my stuff is 19-20 boxes which learning from you guys seems to be a great time to stock up seeing as how everyone is raving about the crop from these years. I have no problem continuing buying until as said, we hit a bad year or 2. By then I hope I have enough to carry me thru.

Bummer I have no older stock to compare it to, in time I will when my boxes mature. Good Lord willing. 

I need to hit BR more often. Pretty sure I have missed some sig ii or iii with some age on them. Maybe one day. Until then I'm a 24:24 diehard. 😁

• Like 2

As long as the ‘19 and 20 stock is available, I plan on modest purchasing. I haven’t seen seasons this good since, well, ever! 😳

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

We’re here for you man. If knocking your collection down to just 6 or 7 lifetimes will help, we’re here for you. 😁

It’s always good to have a strong support system. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

Is 2021 expected to continue this trend?

From the sound of it most of 2021 should, I’m guessing 2022 will be a drop off. I’m pretty sure it was 3 crops in a row that were epic that were now seeing in production. 

• Like 2

I was a NC smoker for years while only buying boxes of CC such as P shorts, BPC etc. Around when pandemic hit I switched entirely to CC. The last year has been catch up as I amassed regular production boxes and learned the different brands. Now I can enter a mode of maintenance buying only 

• Like 1

For 3-5 cigars a week im at 12-7 years of stock. I buy in batches... i bought heaps in 2014 at the good peak there, and then ramped up buying recently with good stock and new (bigger) humidor and also spare finances. My humidor has space for maybe 10-15 more boxes of cigars which i anticiate filling in the next 3-6 months.

• Like 2

Have enough to smoke for 12 to 15 years based on my current consumption patterns. My purchasing has slowed down considerably i only purchased a box of Dip Nortenos Canada RE this year, since I know this will be the last regional in Canada or at least last one with normal packaging.  I've focused my cigar related funds in ordering an Avallo humidor. 

I still plan on purchasing a box of Siglo II, Trini Coloniales and the next Portuguese Regional Edition when it is released. Beyond that will be the occasional singles / quarter box of something that really catches my eye. I will probably have limited purchases over the next 8-10 years and start ramping up after that, I'm afraid to figure out what cigar prices will be by that point! lol 

• Like 1

I definitely haven't hit my limit yet in terms of how much cigar stock I'd like to have. The only limit I've hit is funding lol! And some others, but mainly the funding. Not only for the cigars themselves but also the storage upkeep which costs both time and money. Cigars actually motivate me in life. To bust my ass a bit to acquire that dream/goal of having a sizeable collection (people have different definitions of "sizeable collection" of course). I currently have enough stock to last about 1.5 years *if* I keep my current pace of smoking. That's not enough when you're passionate about cigars (at least for me). Once you get into cigars, there's no going back. It's an obsession and a lifestyle. That's how I feel.

• Like 4