Have you hit your limit yet? Regarding CC inventory.

I'm at about 5 years of supply. If I wasn't working from home my supply would last longer. But I've definitely reached my short term buying limit. Probably start up at some point next year and work my way back to 5 years worth of cigars, and maintain that.

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I currently have enough for about 8 lifetimes. I have no idea why I keep buying like a madman. This is a sickness. I’m aware of no cure. 

For those that are sitting on smokes they don't plan on smoking, consider donating them! There are many troops overseas that would love to be able to relax with the smokes you don't want. In fact, I a

Just looked over my CC list to see what I still wanted to pick up:

I buy about 6 boxes a year and smoke 3-4 boxes a year, so I only have modest growth. I’ve tried to pick up the pace with 2018-2020 stock like I did in 2013-2014. I don’t think I bought a single box from 2015-2017. It helps I added about 40 boxes of space with my Aristocrat End Table pick up last year.

My purchasing went way down the past year. I don’t go through a lot. Can’t even say I am a “x” number of cigars a week person. Some times I have a few in a week and then none for a while. Time is often the issue. That and most people I socialize with don’t really share the same interest in them as I do. As a result I have a good number of boxes with 5 or so years on them, which is about when I started buying by the box. I still browse here and have a few boxes I would still like to buy, but it really hasn’t been anything I am in a hurry to do. One thing I find is the more I have the harder it is to pick what I am going to smoke. More first world problems. 

• Like 3

I have kept a spreadsheet of every cc purchase I made for the last 600 days. Had some time over the weekend and inventoried what I still have. Been smoking/giving away on average a little over 5 sticks a week, with higher consumption in the summer. So a box a month. 
I have a 7-8 year supply on hand. I am trying to limit my purchases since January to one box a month. Still averaging about three due to great deals or special boxes. Will try to slow down. Or I’ll buy another cooler. Probably the latter. Will focus more though on the special boxes I want like sir winnies or Hoyo dc, the stuff that can age for a really long time. 
As long as I can afford them I will continue to buy em. Probably 10 years from retirement so a ways from shutting down. But fir now it’s targets of opportunity not building a collection. 
Reaping the benefit frankly of listening to a lot of good advice here. 

• Like 1

I certainly don’t need to buy more but that doesn’t seem to stop me. I still like trying new releases and if I like them I buy more. I also continue to stock up on regular production.

Prices aren’t going down and regulations seem to keep getting worse so since I can buy I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a 75/25 NC/CC smoker. Right now though I'm taking advantage of purchasing now for several reasons. 

• Current Crop Quality vs projected future crop quality
  • shipping and customs inspections are currently overwhelmed with massive volume so % of packages making it through is very high
  • Prices- Price increases over the last 5 years has been a significant jump on CC's. With current economic future uncertanty and currency valuation/devaluation uncertainty, buying high quality CC's now seems more of a no brainer than buying lower quality for more in the future. 
  • Accessability- With all the online tracking and censorship with big tech. Who's to say trade policies change and big brother/ISP Provider etc decides to block access to sites like FOH "for our own good"

Plan for the worst but hope for the best is my motto. Buying everything I want to try and what is popular as well as my favs. 

• Like 3

I don't really know how much stock I have in inventory but at my current smoking rate I'd hazard a guess of around 3-4 years of stock. I suppose I need 10x the amount I currently have 

• Like 2

I went through a tear in 2018/19/20 buying boxes but have slowed down this year, I have enough stock to last me easily 10 years but as mentioned before most of my stock is 2016/17/18 so nowhere near as good as the 2020 stock so I'm going to have to buy more and hope the old stock comes good with some age.

I kid myself that I'm buying these LE boxes and RE's as an investment that i can sell on BR but I know I'm going to end up smoking them and enjoying them more than the cash.

I just like to know if i ever did need to sell they might be worth more than I paid but then I don't ever realise the profit.

Considering I hardly smoked during 2020, since I do not smoke alone, I have decades worth of cigars. Only been adding here and there.

Though, I have a real problem with my wine collection (my friends tend to disagree). I went on a buying spree last year, and now my storage area is overflowing into other parts of the house. Really need to have a big party to free up some space.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Though, I have a real problem with my wine collection (my friends tend to disagree). I went on a buying spree last year, and now my storage area is overflowing into other parts of the house. Really need to have a big party to free up some space.

My whisky .. filled up the storage spaces in my flat in SG, and now HK, and I bought online and shipped to my sister's place in London until she told me to stop, and I started shipping to her brother-in-law's place (also London) ... I think I need a bigger flat .. or rent some kind of storage locker. Buying less is not the solution. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You described me exactly. I could not buy and smoke for several years. I probably have a couple hundred cigars I don't plan on ever smoking. Winter climate is rough for smoking, each year I take a full month off. Between changing careers and taking a lower paying job and the absolutely ridiculous annual price increases from Habanos, it makes me less interested in dropping dough on boxes of cigars where 10-20% minimum are going to be poorly constructed, too young and end up half smoked (or less). 

Having said that, I'm probably buying a couple boxes a year, down from 10-12. 

It is nice that many of mine are coming up in 3-4 years old, and for the most part they've been better than their younger brethren.

• Like 1

I have more than enough but I still buy albeit very selectively. My smoke rate is hard to estimate as I have a two year old but I’ll also likely be traveling alot less for work....used to travel nonstop and don’t smoke nearly as frequently when I travel. Right now I smoke probably 15 cigars a week or so and I live in Florida, so it’s year round. I could certainly see that dropping at different points in time. If I assumed one cigar a day I have something like 10-12 years worth which seems like a good run rate as I’d like to be able to buy and “steer” my inventory over time. In particular I’ll need to increase my stock of smaller formats for when I don’t have as much time. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Meklown said:

My whisky .. filled up the storage spaces in my flat in SG, and now HK, and I bought online and shipped to my sister's place in London until she told me to stop, and I started shipping to her brother-in-law's place (also London) ... I think I need a bigger flat .. or rent some kind of storage locker. Buying less is not the solution. 😂

Oh, I agree. I never said I was going to stop buying wine. In fact, a case arrived yesterday! 😅

• Haha 4

I think I will stop buying when I get my 2 Adorini humidors ( habana deluxe and prato) full. 
I can still pack 2-4 boxes and then I have to either stop buying or buy another humidor.

I have only smoked couple of cigars last year since I usually don’t smoke by myself.

Please show pics of your humidors! 

12 hours ago, SmokyFontaine said:

You described me exactly. I could not buy and smoke for several years. I probably have a couple hundred cigars I don't plan on ever smoking. Winter climate is rough for smoking, each year I take a full month off. Between changing careers and taking a lower paying job and the absolutely ridiculous annual price increases from Habanos, it makes me less interested in dropping dough on boxes of cigars where 10-20% minimum are going to be poorly constructed, too young and end up half smoked (or less). 

Having said that, I'm probably buying a couple boxes a year, down from 10-12. 

It is nice that many of mine are coming up in 3-4 years old, and for the most part they've been better than their younger brethren.

How do you have a couple hundred cigars you don't "plan on ever smoking"?  What are going to do with them and how did you get them?

I don't know about my limit, but reading through this thread convinced me to pull the trigger on just one more box of Coloniales!

Figure I have about a five year supply, but I keep breaking it down in my mind by the relatively small numbers of each specific marca and cigar on hand... so it seems like I'm still a little short 😏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Oh, I agree. I never said I was going to stop buying wine. In fact, a case arrived yesterday! 😅

I guess I'm lucky my uncle and cousin own a winery! 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

How do you have a couple hundred cigars you don't "plan on ever smoking"?  What are going to do with them and how did you get them?

He can answer for himself and I too would be curious of his reasons.

I have a similar situation though.  I have hundreds of NCs I highly doubt I’ll ever smoke.  Here’s how I got them:

I get/got some by monthly subscription

Some are examples of changes to tobacco for the worse, but the brand remained the same (hello CAO)

Some were gifts.  I just keep them for sentimental reasons

Some were bonuses or add ons for other purchases at a cigar store event.  Example, let’s say Drew Estate gives a 6 cigar sampler with box purchase (plus swag).   There may be Acids and/or the Kentucky Fire Cured or other nonsense I don’t like.

Some I have as samples from a cigar maker who nicely asked my input for blending.  👎   He’d send 5+ of each blend!

I keep them for guests/gifting or to trade.  A lot will probably stay with me forever as I dont know anybody else who likes them either.  But somehow I can’t just throw them in the trash.  Someday, someone may want them.   I have been surprised before and they were stoked as they were by then pretty old.

I don’t currently have any CCs that are in the no fly zone though.  I did have one.  15-20 years ago a friend brought back from Cuba 2 Guantanameras.  First one was pretty bad.  The second went in a “not for me” tupperador.  However, about 2 years ago I was looking through one of such tupperadors for something else.  Came across it and was curious and decided to gave it another go.  Ready to throw it out if need be.  It was actually quite awesome.  So maybe 20 years of aging is the sweet spot for them.  Too long for me.

• Like 1

I have a wineador full to capacity, Coolidor full to capacity, and another airtight container full to capacity. I realized I have three more boxes on their way so I bought another coolidor. I was done buying for the year after scoring some sir winnies from 24:24. As some others said, 19/20 vintage is amazing. I feel like I’ll kick myself later if I don’t jump on some extra boxes now. Honesty, the 17/18 offerings on 24:24 don’t even tempt me. I’d rather have 19/20 quality then age. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Kevin48438 said:

He can answer for himself and I too would be curious of his reasons.

I have a similar situation though.  I have hundreds of NCs I highly doubt I’ll ever smoke.  Here’s how I got them:

Oh, I get it if we're talking about NCs but since the topic is CC related, that's kind of where my question came from.  I too was gifted the cigars of the month club and assorted other well intentioned gifts of NCs from friends and family.  My experience is that about 1 of 30 is interesting enough for another go otherwise I've pitched plenty of them in the trash when nobody's looking. 

• Like 1