Have you hit your limit yet? Regarding CC inventory.

Wrong approach to problem solving. Not too many cigars for multiple lifetimes. Just figure out how to live long enough to smoke them all. Get a chip implant from Musk, some prosthetic limbs, gorilla lungs, a 3d printed heart, and you’ll live to smoke everything.

• Haha 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I currently have enough for about 8 lifetimes. I have no idea why I keep buying like a madman. This is a sickness. I’m aware of no cure. 

For those that are sitting on smokes they don't plan on smoking, consider donating them! There are many troops overseas that would love to be able to relax with the smokes you don't want. In fact, I a

Just looked over my CC list to see what I still wanted to pick up:

5 minutes ago, Yellot00tr said:

Wrong approach to problem solving. Not too many cigars for multiple lifetimes. Just figure out how to live long enough to smoke them all. Get a chip implant from Musk, some prosthetic limbs, gorilla lungs, a 3d printed heart, and you’ll live to smoke everything.

After they freeze my head like Walt Disney for long term storage, I plan on having the executor of my will stick a lighted cigar in my mouth at least once a week.  

• Haha 1

After they freeze my head like Walt Disney for long term storage, I plan on having the executor of my will stick a lighted cigar in my mouth at least once a week.  

The best part is you won’t have to worry about beetles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 4

I have only been in the hobby for about a year. Is there such thing as a limit? Habanos appears to have a cigar for every occasion, from everyday during the week sticks to special events celebration sticks. I discovered cigars bring the world together, a common denominator.

On 3/31/2021 at 10:07 AM, Chibearsv said:

How do you have a couple hundred cigars you don't "plan on ever smoking"?  What are going to do with them and how did you get them?

Rookie mistakes. Either buying samplers with the mindset that more cigars were better than fewer, better cigars, or tastes changing over the years. It's a mix of dog rockets and decent stuff. Usually use those for handouts with non-smoker friends.

I've purchased a few CC boxes that have been absolute turds. Probably give them a couple more years before I even try them again because they've been so consistently bad. By memory I think it's a box of Siglo II, Punch Punch, and RASS that have been really bad in either flavor, burn, or both. I'll drag one out every once in awhile from those respective boxes, and I'm probably 2/20 in good experiences. The Siglos kill me. One of the best cigars I've ever had was a II from the duty free in Dubai. Literally every cigar from my 2017 box has been crap. Go figure.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

With current inventory and the total consumption of last year, I have +13 years on hand. I pressed for humidor space but with current quality I keep getting tempted every now and then and manage to find space by emptying a box with a few cigars left. At the moment I’m debating with myself weather I should buy a couple of Raching cabinet humidors or investing in a couple of hundred ounces of silver.

Nope. I only ever have on average about 3 or so months of smoking stock at any one time. Some of that is aged/vintage/old and others is every day smoking stock.

When I can see stocks going down I buy more.

I have probably 20 years worth of cigars at my current smoking rate but I'll probably up that considerably in the near future. I also plan to offload a lot of my non cuban stash either by sell it off or using them as give outs to non cigar smokers. I'm a bit younger than most here so I'm not at a lifetime supply just yet. 

My plans include amassing a solid rotation of all the classics so I have a constant aged stash. Unfortunately I found I prefer quite some time on a cigar for a lot of marcas so buy and hold seems to be the way to do it remotely economically. 

Although I’ve only been in the collection business the last 4 years I have managed to build a stock for the next 30-50 years, based on 4-8 sticks a week with the weight on summers.
Most of my focus have been centred on EL/ER, but I’ve recently shifted taste and now pass most of those up in favour of std issue, and trying to find some older boxes to smoke now and buying new to age.
WIH humidor is now almost full to the brink, and since I’m not going to expand and won’t go back to scubador or cabinet, that naturally puts a limit on purchasing too much more.

• Like 2

I have enough stock to last me the rest of my life--but the 2020 boxes have been of such high quality it is hard to resist getting a few more while they are available.

I really need our host to declare "2021 has been a terrible year--avoid."   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Although I’ve only been in the collection business the last 4 years I have managed to build a stock for the next 30-50 years, based on 4-8 sticks a week with the weight on summers.
Most of my focus have been centred on EL/ER, but I’ve recently shifted taste and now pass most of those up in favour of std issue, and trying to find some older boxes to smoke now and buying new to age.
WIH humidor is now almost full to the brink, and since I’m not going to expand and won’t go back to scubador or cabinet, that naturally puts a limit on purchasing too much more.

Wow 15,000+ cigars. Very nice.

6 hours ago, Hookmaker said:

Sounds like @cigar_collector on IG

• Like 1

Bought my first box of CC's in August of 2019. So 1 1/2 years in and I've got about 1 year of stock. My cigar budget and daily smoking habits conspire to make building up more inventory difficult. Good thing I don't mind smoking young cigars...

17 hours ago, Hookmaker said:

Please show pics of your humidor. I would love to see that!

I have maybe 300 cigars, have no idea how long it will take to smoke all of them but maybe 4 years? I’m far from done with buying cigars. I still feel like I’m swimming in the kids pool as far as my stock goes.
I recently declared to myself that this year I will focus on buying (and smoking) more CC. Especially with the hot streak HSA have at the moment. There’s one open box of partagas from 2014 for sale that I have to get my hands on and then I’m going to purchase every box from El prez.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, TobaccoRoad said:

Bought my first box of CC's in August of 2019. So 1 1/2 years in and I've got about 1 year of stock. My cigar budget and daily smoking habits conspire to make building up more inventory difficult. Good thing I don't mind smoking young cigars...

I’m with you on the “new “ stuff. But look at what we’ll be sitting on in 2025. 

• Like 1

I have a modest collection of 600 cigars, about 3 years' supply based on my average consumption of 4 a week. I'm aiming for a collection of 1000-1200, which will test the limits of both my storage and SWMBO.

• Like 2

I guess I'm lucky enough to be close to reasonably priced cigar lounges where I keep boxes, but also buy from their regular stuff so I'm counting on those to be my continuous source in addition to my cigars aging in my humidors at home. 

• Like 1