What is your favorite cigar drink and why?

ZigZauer

Most of time I drink water only. If I have to drink I pick scotch.

My CC drink is usually Bowmore 18 years. I personally find the toasted wood flavor goes well with most CCs.

With most NCs I drink glenfiddich 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sparkling water most of the time. Why? Because I don't drink much alcohol. If I have time for a morning smoke I drink espresso and water with it.

• Like 2

Pepsi Max. Other beverages that I enjoy with cigars include: other sodas, coffee in its many forms, ice tea, beer, rum coke, whisky, rum.

• Like 2

Americano most of the time. Occasionally a coke or root beer made with sugar cane. If I do have alcohol it is a nice rum or cognac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I pretty much only have a cigar in the evenings, and club soda with gin and a lime is my go to. I switch to a finger or two of bourbon for the final third. 

• Like 1

Usually just water.  I don't pair beverages with cigars.  I'll have a cigar with whatever alcoholic beverage I happen to be drinking. 

That being said, I prefer to have Champagne or Madeira with cigars.  Both have the acidity to keep mouth fresh and bubbles are an additional helper in that regard.

• Like 1

I don't drink alcohol so it's black coffee, lapsang tea or a fruit tea if it's cold out, tonic water or NA beer when it warms up. There's a lot of good ones out there now but Brewdog Nanny State is excellent with a cigar. I do need to find a good NA stout to try, I think that'll work well...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 1

I'm actually a fan of American lagers. They typically have a dry finish, don't overpower the lighter or aged cigars where flavor nuances can be subtle, and are refreshing. Coors Banquet is a solid choice and has national distribution in the USA, and Saranac Haus Lager is solid if they sell it in your area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually tea in the winter and sparkling water or plain water in the summer. I like coffee if the cigar doesn't have coffee flavours. Alcoholic drinks are good too, but I don't drink anything much above 20% ABV with a cigar as it affects my sense of taste, so mainly beer and wine or maybe a cocktail (though I'll have whiskey on occasion if smoking with friends).

• Like 1

Coffee and Coke classic are the best for me. I enjoy an occasional scotch, but it goes better with smoking than with tasting - just like I don't always want to "taste" wine, sometimes I want to drink it, sometimes I just want to smoke a cigar and not try to tease out all the flavors.

• Like 1

Coffee for my wake up stick. Usually topo chico or wine in the evening. Lately I've been doing sangria or gin/tonic.

My sangria recipe is from a 1974 issue of gourmet magazine, I think that's the name anyway. Sadly it's a party size recipe that makes 5 gallons and I just can't be bothered to scale it down. I also add a pound of sugar and half a bottle of blackberry brandy and a large dash of bourbon. Adult koolaid. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...