H.Upmann Connie A -- Anyone Have Draw Issues?

I've very, very rarely had any issues with any of the Connies. I find the whole line to be generally very well constructed, but occasionally I do get a tight draw as is the case with almost all CCs.

As an aside, I strongly recommend the PerfecDraw. 

• Like 2

I've had the same experience, in that I've had the most draw issues with H. Upmann. I don't remember ever having a cigar that was too loose, at least not to the point of burning too fast/hot or being unenjoyable. It's always tight draw. But those mainly happened when I was running 69% Boveda, now that I run 65% (actual RH is about 63-65%~ and temp is usually about 22-24c~), the problems are mostly behind me. Most cigars draw just about right. I've had two Sir Winnies which were pretty much plugged and one of each Connie A & B, which were noticeably better but also tight, not much smoke output. Definitely too tight.

So consider your storage conditions as well. PMC (IYKWIM).

• Like 2

Upmann have also provided me my most plugged cigars in last 16 months....still not a 'bunch' of them, but still the most common...

my issue lately has been underpacked montes. 

Upmanns have been my best over the last few years, Connie and Mag 46 in particular.  SW in a class by itself, of course.

I've never associated marca with good roll/bad roll.  They exist across the spectrum, and given the numbers produced it can only be chance that you've hit bad rolls more often than not with one marca over another.  I'd wager RG and quality of torcedor for a run is the biggest factor.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dominattorney said:

I have a 2015 PCC aged box and 4 of them have been wind tunnels. I smoked those first as they were clearly underfilled. Thr rest of the box is pretty great. 

Did you see the thread about vacuum sealing? Going to try that next time I find a wind tunnel. Just a thought.

56 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

Did you see the thread about vacuum sealing? Going to try that next time I find a wind tunnel. Just a thought.

I did and I am definitely going to try that on the next underfilled stick in come across.