Are the 2019-2020 D4 Full Boxes good again?

Hi Fellas,

I've been reading FOH and on youtube for 11 years and hate for the first post to be something like a homework but I was wondering what the experience of full box buyers were for the years 2019-2020?

I loved them around 2015 , clove spice , and after that they went chemical and good kind of bitter which I still kinda liked LOL. But 2018, ugh jeez 3 boxes were very bland , some slight paprika but thats it. This used to be my go to robusto and I am looking to buy them again. Thank you

• Like 2

I've just cracked a SEB FEB 20 ten count box and they're absolutely spot on. May have to upgrade to another 25 before the year's out.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 2

I've gotten 2 10s, 2 25s, and an order of 15 tubos. The 10s and tubos are 2019 and fantastic. Very perfumed from the 10s yet very savory from the tubos.  Cannot recall codes as I'm at work currently. 

The 25s, however, both from the same vendor, are extremely light wrappers, and the four samples I've taken have all been a hot mess. Both boxes from Nov 2020.

Flavorless. Plugged such that a perfect draw couldn't help. The very light wrappers are really odd to me to the point I suspected fakes, but having done enough research, and trusting the vendor, I'm guessing they're just a rare species. At least I hope they are. Think eggshell. Off white. I sacrificed one and it was in fact perfect long filler and pretty well made. Very wet inside despite 2 months rest. Will forget about them for a year and resample.

• Like 1

working on a couple of 19-20 boxes and pleased with the perfomance.

• Like 2

This may be a bit repetitive at this point, but all of my 2019 and 2020 boxes of PSD4 have been outstanding.  The D4 is one of my go-to daily smokes. The flavor profile is spot on, excellent construction and smoking great young with just a few months rest ROTT. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

I've gotten 2 10s, 2 25s, and an order of 15 tubos. The 10s and tubos are 2019 and fantastic. Very perfumed from the 10s yet very savory from the tubos.  Cannot recall codes as I'm at work currently. 

The 25s, however, both from the same vendor, are extremely light wrappers, and the four samples I've taken have all been a hot mess. Both boxes from Nov 2020.

Flavorless. Plugged such that a perfect draw couldn't help. The very light wrappers are really odd to me to the point I suspected fakes, but having done enough research, and trusting the vendor, I'm guessing they're just a rare species. At least I hope they are. Think eggshell. Off white. I sacrificed one and it was in fact perfect long filler and pretty well made. Very wet inside despite 2 months rest. Will forget about them for a year and resample.

wow this is shocking. Mind sharing the vendor? I always used to assume full boxes were better selections but lately tubos have been killing it on magnum 54s and pyramids that I think differently.

I'd rather not publicly but can we private message here? 

I think the other interesting thing about my double d4 order is that I requested the box to be inspected on top of the vendor claiming they inspect every box. Boxes were sealed and the habanos sticker on one was lifted up completely. Still, the bar codes checked out on the website. So, I'm going with it's cuba being cuba and I have some of the only Claro d4s.

• Thanks 1