Concerned regarding Sancho Panza Gran Quixote ER box code

Nico

Okay, so this is a tricky one (for me anyway) so I have to ask you guys for help. I bought a box Gran Quixote stamped RAT NOV20. According to CCW the cigar was released “A 2017 release. Released December 2018”. I distinctly remember a Swedish retailer selling these with the year 17 on it. Can’t remember month or code though, but I know 100% it wasn’t RAT.

Although it could be released over a period of time (the box number indicates this), isn’t the period a little to long? I’m completely stund by this and although I know I may be seen as paranoid, I can’t rest until I at least get a second opinion. So what do you guys think?

f6f9dcd75926b982155dbc2530fa2bae.jpg

745d477e40d924ac196d6b84cb99db64.jpg

eadbf20355b127fd2af4abb9b3315cb6.jpg

d006abe6474bed0ace92e16b1a2bcf45.jpg

88ada1d5408bc8ef6fe20f0fd17f648e.jpg

I have 3 boxes, all LGR Mar 19. I suppose it could just be a drawn out release, much like we’re seeing with ERDM Tainos and Punch 898? Everything certainly appears legit to me in the photos.

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:
I have 3 boxes, all LGR Mar 19. I suppose it could just be a drawn out release, much like we’re seeing with ERDM Tainos and Punch 898? Everything certainly appears legit to me in the photos.

Seriously, I don’t want to seem like I’m pulling it out my behind but I remember it was LGR from the Swedish retailer but didn’t say anything because I wasn’t 95% sure. But now I’m sure which isn’t good... I mean, don’t get me wrong, everything appears to be legit like you said (I wasn’t sure because I haven’t bought so many boxes yet) but this box code really bugs the shit outta me. It doesn’t help that it’s RAT either since it seems that the code have some issues.
Also, the smell is fantastic, I’ve never smelled anything like it.. And when I check the construction it is a little uneven which is my experience with nearly all CC perfectos.

But who would fake these? It somehow seems bizarre to fake sancho panza, the most obscured band the HSA portfolio. Everything seems so legit except for the box code. But i can’t really have a good night sleep just yet...

Just realized that the box codes change every (what is it?) 18 months-2 years. If I know that the same factory is for LGR and RAT I think I can put this to rest. But I would like some more opinions on this.

3 minutes ago, Nico said:

Seriously, I don’t want to seem like I’m pulling it out my behind but I remember it was LGR from the Swedish retailer but didn’t say anything because I wasn’t 95% sure. But now I’m sure which isn’t good... I mean, don’t get me wrong, everything appears to be legit like you said (I wasn’t sure because I haven’t bought so many boxes yet) but this box code really bugs the shit outta me. It doesn’t help that it’s RAT either since it seems that the code have some issues.
Also, the smell is fantastic, I’ve never smelled anything like it.. And when I check the construction it is a little uneven which is my experience with nearly all CC perfectos.

But who would fake these? It somehow seems bizarre to fake sancho panza, the most obscured band the HSA portfolio. Everything seems so legit except for the box code. But i can’t really have a good night sleep just yet...

Remember that ERDM Tainos are being released under several different factory codes, so I wouldn’t say this is necessarily cause for concern. And as you point out, who would fake these? I would think this would be one of the most difficult vitolas to fake, and yours look exactly like mine. Unless we both have fakes :o Just kidding.

Remember, factory codes change frequently. 

Remember, factory codes change frequently. 

I can imagine that it changes if they’re rolling out a cigar over a period of 3 years. My concern is that I never heard of a limited edition being released over a period of 3 years. They have maybe one or two different years stamped on them. But 3 years..? I don’t know, I feel this question (concern) is falling outside of my so called knowledge of cubans.

Edit:
Remember that ERDM Tainos are being released under several different factory codes, so I wouldn’t say this is necessarily cause for concern. And as you point out, who would fake these? I would think this would be one of the most difficult vitolas to fake, and yours look exactly like mine. Unless we both have fakes  Just kidding.

If it was stamped 2017 but with a different factory code I wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow. It’s more the year that bugs me. Like I said above, rolling out a limited edition on a 3 year period is something I never heard of.