Cohiba Robusto RAG JUL 19 (VVRW#1)

Nice review
I have been a big CoRo fan for a long time but the last one I had was very flat and flavorless, but did have a great draw, burn and construction like usual.
Hopefully it was just a Single bad one and the other couple I have are great like normal.
Not sure on box date as they were bought as singles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Nice review
I have been a big CoRo fan for a long time but the last one I had was very flat and flavorless, but did have a great draw, burn and construction like usual.
Hopefully it was just a Single bad one and the other couple I have are great like normal.
Not sure on box date as they were bought as singles

Yeah, I've found CoRos tend to float from decent to great within the same box.  Hope the next one impresses as much for you as this one did for me.  Cohiba definitely improve with time down more so than many other marcas.  No doubt I would've buried them for another day if the first one didn't do it for me.  With the price point of Cohiba being what it is, I'm not much for doubling down when they don't lead off the line.   

Yeah. Only dud I have ever had of them and most have been fairly young.
Unfortunately they are pretty pricey like all cohibas so I don't buy them that often

Great review. Wish I could identify all the notes while enjoying my cigars.

Great review. Wish I could identify all the notes while enjoying my cigars.
I'm the same way. I just don't taste the various foods and spices and such that you see in most reviews.
To me, they mostly just taste like tobacco, with different marcas and vitolas tasting like different tobaccos.
Only things I ever pick up are wood, earth or leather. Anything else is beyond my palate even after 15 years of smoking Cigars.
Part of it is likely that I'm a 30 year cigarette smoker, which likely takes a toll on ones palate

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

I'm the same way. I just don't taste the various foods and spices and such that you see in most reviews.
To me, they mostly just taste like tobacco, with different marcas and vitolas tasting like different tobaccos.
Only things I ever pick up are wood, earth or leather. Anything else is beyond my palate even after 15 years of smoking Cigars.
Part of it is likely that I'm a 30 year cigarette smoker, which likely takes a toll on ones palate

I’ve experienced slight nuances in the past, such as toasted marshmallow, roasted coffee, or subtle sweetness of raisin and very few others of a toasted nature. And it’s only been a hint once or twice within a cigar. 

Like you say, it’s mostly just differences in tobacco flavor.