Random nicotine sensitivity?

10 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

My last young fresh RASS had me on my ass, then the couch...almost spinning. 

Same in that young RASS is very strong to me. But in my case the volume/density of smoke gets to me before the nicotine, so I never get the to the dizzy or faint part.

I usually smoke Petit Coronas or around that size, and bigger cigars less often. So I'll have to sip a beverage more often with a bigger or stronger cigar. I won't be able to puff as hard, won't be able to retrohale as much, will have to just slow down, etc.

• Like 1

Had it many times before, mostly when it was too hot and humid outside with no wind, and I ended up puffing too fast/too hard. I'm sure my personal condition played a part as well. The result for me is almost always cold sweat, dizziness, lots of gas to release, and general weakness/faintness. Once I also got a strong ringing in the ears. Always goes away after around 20-30 mins with lots of water intake. 

Get it much less these days, as I learn to read the surrounding conditions and recognise the early signs better to adjust my smoking

Low blood sugar. Smoking cigars lowers your sugar quickly and people will frequently feel the nicotine effects. I always keep a few packs of sugar on me when I smoke to avoid it. 

Seasonal allergies kick my ass this time every year. Sun exposure increases, tree pollen is first followed by grass pollen and then capped with ragweed pollen, humidity - the outdoors is beautifully complex. I lay off the cigars at initial acclimation, there's no avoiding it in the NE USA.

I actually just got this two nights ago. Smoked after dinner so full stomach as usual but halfway through my cigar I got the sweats, feeling woozy, the works. I have been feeling not great lately so I bet that it was related. I slowed down the puffing substantially, while occasionally briefly purging the cigar to make sure it wouldn't go out, and that did the trick. 

I'm a strong believer in the blood sugar thing though, so that would have been my next step if slowing down didn't work.