What would you pair a Behike with?

Will smoke a Behike 52 soon and was wondering what you'd recommend to pair it with?

I normally drink coffee or rum (think Diplomatico) red wine (Brunello) or whisky (Lagavulin) with my cigars but I am thinking neither of these match the delicate flavors of a Behike. 

The other day I had (tbh draw issues and time limitation forced me to abandon it) an Esmeralda and a Mojito which was an excellent pairing. 

Another cigar buddy swears by a strong green tea, so I'm really open to other suggestions... 

20210404_215918.jpg

1 hour ago, ZigZauer said:

Seriously, I think it would be best to pair just with water if it will be your first behike

I second this.  If it's your one and only BHK, just drink water.

3 hours ago, djrey said:

I've heard of a few guys pairing Behikes with divorce paperwork 😂

This, or Pol Roger/Taittinger/Lanson Champagne (my favourites). It's either one (extreme) or the other, isn't it?

• Like 2

Lots of great choices already mentioned, probably too many to choose from in fact.  Therefore, I would start with a cocktail of some sort while you're dry boxing the stick.  A Double Mojito, or Capiroska, could be two High Balls.  That should segue into a Diplomatico rum for the cutting ceremony.  If you choose to punch the cigar instead of cutting, and the draw is too tight so that you have to cut the cap anyway, then have a second shot of Diplomatico standing by for this.  

As many others have said, Champagne pairs well, particularly with the thrilling lighting of the cigar; bubbles and flames you know.  Perfect.  For all this to work though, you'll have to have drained your champagne flute by the time your ash is set and showing a decent mascara line.  The even burn sets in quick, so hopefully you'll have managed at least two glasses of Champagne; wouldn't want to waste the bottle of course.

Then for the first third you should reach for the finest Bourbon you have on hand: Pappy's if you've got it, or Four Roses or Blanton's.  Anything really good since you might still be sober enough to taste the cigar and the drink at this point.  You'll want a double for this first third since you'll be smoking it slow and savoring the experience.  Make the pours 8oz or better.

By the second third you'll want to move on to a Japanese or Scottish Whisk(e)y for certain.  Some will urge a Taiwanese beverage like KaVaLan on you, and it's good make no mistake, but it's made by a company called "King Car" and you don't want to be drinking, driving, and smoking at this point.  Stick with a good, 35 y.o. single malt in fine crystal and you'll be pairing an excellent cigar with it's mid-point tars to a bright, cutting solvent of a beverage.  Purge your cigar at this point and light the purge.  I dare you to tell me if it's tars you're burning or your own breath.

By the final third any 45% alcohol will do.  Skip the crystal, bring a straw.  Have 911 on speed dial.  :cigar:

• Thanks 3

20 hours ago, ZigZauer said:

I need to buy Behike first.

Seriously, I think it would be best to pair just with water if it will be your first behike

I've got normally San Pellegrino or other sparkling water. Not my first Behike, not my last (wallet might disagree)

21 hours ago, PurosyVino said:

I'd recommend some kind of bubbly (Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, etc).  Chardonnay or White Port works well too.  Especially if you're aiming to smoke a BHK56.  Since you're smoking a BHK52, that one can pair well with a good, aged rum or Cognac/Armagnac too.

I think that's exactly what I'll do 😎

1 hour ago, maverickdrinker said:

Cuban coffee, vintage champagne or Macallan rare cask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only I had some eggs, we could have ham and eggs. . .  if you have some ham. 

I prefer a properly chilled grape Gatorade Zero.  Tomato, tomahto.