WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Who Said That? Comp - Week #34.

WST?#34  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which English comic/actor said the line: 'Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.'

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

rigged! talk about a rort! 

recount. court actions. 

I was going to complain that he won more than once and I haven't won once. But then I remembered he actually gets them right, I'm sure that helps 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Congrats!  Got lucky with my guess as I don't know who any of them are lol.  Hugh Laurie sounds familar though?  

Hugh Laurie was dr house on the show house.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

Rowan Atkinson, and indeed British comedy in general, was and a big part of Australian television culture when I was growing up, as it continues to be. Thank you everyone! 👍

My obvious understanding of your objection to this matter is that you are due a good cigar paired with some Pol Roger champagne! 😂

john, first congrats (although i've never quite worked out why we congratulate someone for having their name pulled out of a hat) and secondly, by chance, i am heading off at about 4am tomorrow, to the Hunter for some tastings with some of the guys - mostly looking at older semillon - and then have a three day extravaganza at Bannisters at Port Stephens (hoping to catch up with rick stein if he is in house but i suspect unlikely) for a mate's 60th. i have already packed some top cigars and some pol. the 95, as it happens. actually have about three cases of mixed wines and champagnes in the car ready - would not do to be caught short of something.

but i say again, rigged! recount! court cases! bring forth the hidden evidence! 

• Haha 3