Partagas Short

Just got into these.  Picked up a couple REG 18 boxes and was really impressed by them.  I can get 45 mins out of them with a relaxed pace.  Glad I gave them a shot.  They'll be in my regular rotation for a while.  

• Like 1

One of the most beloved smokes in the CC kingdom. Much like PLPC, I don't think one can own too many boxes. Ages extremely well.

I love the 50 cab format, but tons of value can be found in the 25ct dress boxes. Look for Partagas factory (MSU/TUA).

• Like 3

These are my main go-to little smoke when working in the garage but sophisticated enough to sit down & enjoy. I missed the bus on the HUPCs so these are my consolation prize. Easy enough to find with some age on them.

Definitely a go to in my rotation.  Full of bold flavors, in a format that you can rush a little and be satisfied with a 30 minute smoke, or really nurse to an hour+ depending on your mood.  

Any opinions on here on cabs vs dress boxes? Boxes are available pretty consistently and usually at great value; cabs less so and definitely priced higher, but what’s the feeling on the differences for the shorts?

Love a Party Short, whenever I’m not sure what to smoke this is what I end up with. Always seem to be consistent and great value in terms of price to smoking time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Enduin said:

@Mickey D That's pretty impressive for 6 months of age and only 2 weeks of post shipping rest! May I ask at which RH were you storing them?

My smoke ready humidor is 62%. Normal Storage is 65%

I wanted to see where they are at at this time before setting to rest. 

5 minutes ago, Enduin said:

Thanks! I'm kind of transitioning towards 62% from 65% and I'm wondering if the lower RH can help improve smokability in the short term from the arrival of the cigars. 

From what I have noticed from this particular vendor is they seem to be shipped pretty high in humidity. I smoked a Ramón Allones ROTT and the wrapper split as it swelled. Also, the box lid was a little puffed up. 

Have you found that the two weeks at 62% after arrival gives you good results with other cigars as well? I generally put everything in the tupperdor at 65% after arrival, wait whatever amount of time I can wait, smoke one and if the draw is too tight (which is quite often) I dry box it which usually fixes the issue. Now I'm thinking about changing the protocol to: taking a few cigars out of the box ROTT and rest them directly at 62% instead of 65% while the rest of the box goes into the 65% tupperdor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enduin said:

Have you found that the two weeks at 62% after arrival gives you good results with other cigars as well? I generally put everything in the tupperdor at 65% after arrival, wait whatever amount of time I can wait, smoke one and if the draw is too tight (which is quite often) I dry box it which usually fixes the issue. Now I'm thinking about changing the protocol to: taking a few cigars out of the box ROTT and rest them directly at 62% instead of 65% while the rest of the box goes into the 65% tupperdor. 

Usually what I try to do at a minimum. Put a few in at 62% for at least a couple weeks before evaluating them as ROTT. Then go from there.

i get a better burn and taste at 62 with CC and NC. I find that anything above 65 burns wonky and tastes bitter to me. 

Party shorts are definitely a fantastic smoke.

Does anyone have any feedback on how Super Partagas stack up? They are only two points smaller in gauge and about an inch longer. Was considering adding these to the mix for some variety to the Shorts.

• Like 1

They can be rough around the edges and harsh when young. But 5+ years of age and they are a completely different cigar. I have a 2011 box from FOH and they are so rounded and smooth, just very good!

7 hours ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

Party shorts are definitely a fantastic smoke.

Does anyone have any feedback on how Super Partagas stack up? They are only two points smaller in gauge and about an inch longer. Was considering adding these to the mix for some variety to the Shorts.

Not nearly as good. Shorts are better quality leaf and a better blend. In my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

Not nearly as good. Shorts are better quality leaf and a better blend. In my opinion.

This has been my experience as well.  I’ll take Shorts of Super any day even though I prefer bigger cigars. 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:18 AM, Mickey D said:

Received a box Partagás Shorts a couple weeks ago. LTO Sept20

First time smoking the Parti Short, and for being 6 months young it’s has very nice variety of flavor notes. WOW, very impressed.

Appreciate you kicking off the topic as I’ve had questions about adding the Shorts. Lots of great feedback on the thread!