FOH Instrumental Weekend.....share a favourite piece of instrumental music.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love spanish guitar.  My father (88) has been learning this piece for the last 20 years, practicing 45 minutes in his garage every day.  He hasn't improved. He has however evaded  my mothe

Always a fan of hard bop jazz.  

I used to play this one full volume when driving down the Autoroute du Soleil to Spain to keep me awake eating miles and grinning smiles ... 🙂  

• 6 months later...

Hello, I like Art Blakey, he amazes me with his sensitivity, especially on A Night In Tunisia. That’s my absolute favorite version of this tune. Whatever happened that night, they did it right. The solos were some of the best I'd heard. Bobby sat in the background and did the job of keeping the rhythm while Art conducted the guys, doing an amazing job. I love hanging out on music streaming services free, relistening the piece over and over. Their concert in Belgium was one of the best before they broke up.

I'll first contribute with something awesome that likely hasn't seen by the musical aficionados on this board. 

Seriously, give that a go. Trust me. 

then I figured i'd post my favourite "non jazz" instrumental. 

• Like 3

Big fan of classical guitar. I'm liking Cathedral performed by Ana Vidovic at the moment. Technically, she's very very good.
If you start getting bored, it picks up about 4:33.

Excellent piece, thanks for sharing; I was about to post it myself.
I’m a guitarist and can play the first 2 movements gracefully - the 3rd is next level tho.

I enjoy watching this version - hope y’all enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I still get the chills every time I hear that opening riff to phase dance. 

Metheny is truly next level. 

Great performance of it too

• 9 months later...

Thanks to all the advice about such good music, my playlist has been replenished with many new songs. Now I have started to discover Harry Moore, and I am completely shocked that I have lived to 26 years old and have never heard his songs before. It's just my ideal in music, and his guitar parts inspire me endlessly. However, sometimes I want to listen to something new too, so I'm glad I found your post with good options. I recently found a website where I ordered guitar knobs for my electric guitar to teach Harry's parts, as I want to get at least a little closer to what a person who plays such legendary music feels.