What's the meatiest stick today? Regular production

I will admit to not being a supertaster. The highest praise I can give a cigar is that it has dense, pure, rich tobacco flavor. Meaty, with a touch of leather and sweetness. You can keep the honeysuckle and nutmeg.

So my question to you all is this: When you feel the itch for a Habanos that delivers straight up leaf with with authority and depth, what's your choice?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For me, Boli PC and RA SCC with the darkest wrappers I can find usually deliver that hit. Just always end up wishing they were twice as long...

• Like 4

RASS is super strong (I've gotten that from SL Regios at a certain stage, not fresh but not aged, also Cazadores). Bolivar is leather and sweetness. Por Larranagas is tobacco.

• Like 4

Hmm.. I’ve only had one but I got a very hearty meaty taste, as well as an earthy mushroom from Punch Coronations. I also agree Bolivar PC is great for a straight tobacco taste with some leather and just a touch of sweetness. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, laguitoNo1 said:

Maybe it’s just me but Cazadores are not very strong or harsh and the flavors are desert like to my palate. 

I've had both from the same box. Half the cigars like exhibicion no. 4 rosewater and Turkish delight the other half earth and dirt.

I traded a couple to @JohnS and he experienced something similar.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ginseng said:

I will admit to not being a supertaster. The highest praise I can give a cigar is that it has dense, pure, rich tobacco flavor. Meaty, with a touch of leather and sweetness. You can keep the honeysuckle and nutmeg.

So my question to you all is this: When you feel the itch for a Habanos that delivers straight up leaf with with authority and depth, what's your choice?

I always go for a Partagas E2 in these situations

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mprach024 said:

I will say, the cherry flavors in Cazadores are VERY very rare.  Cazzies are pretty simple smokes, leather, earth, tobacco, pepper and probably the fullest bodied Cuban in regular production.  In a blind tasting I would not guess they were Cuban tobacco.  I smoke a lot of these, great inexpensive bang on tobacco.  This is the cigar equivalent of going to see The Transformers movie in the theater.  

I bought 5 singles from a vendor from box RUP MAR 20 and the cherry flavor was evident from the first few draws. I didn’t experience any pepper and it was pretty smooth the first 2 thirds. It didn’t start to show any strength until the last third and that was medium-full at best. They should be amazing after some rest. 

23 hours ago, Ginseng said:

The highest praise I can give a cigar is that it has dense, pure, rich tobacco flavor. Meaty, with a touch of leather and sweetness.

I know you’ve said regular production, but I can’t help myself, as I only recently had a cigar for the first time that perfectly fit your description, and it was a beautiful thing:

Sancho Panza Gran Quixote

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

How long did you rest this before smoking? I remember seeing you getting a box or two within the last few months right ? I just scooped a few and am itching to try one but rarely go ROTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked up the records, received these back in early February, so several months rest. It was very impressive for such a young cigar.

• Like 1