Our cat has passed away

Truly appreciate we have avenues to express our grief and receive some comfort. It is really amazing to me how online communities sometimes actually become stronger than the physical ones...

Thanks all for your thoughts and condolences.

• Like 3

I’m sorry to hear that brother. My parents lost their dog a couple weeks ago. It was a puppy when me and my brothers left for college so it turned into my parents baby. I know you guys are going thru a lot. Everything changes with the daily routine. Time will only help. Let me know if you need anything. 

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your ohana’s loss, I’m all too familiar with the feeling. My wife and I have dedicated our home and a good portion of our lives to providing a sanctuary for about 8 rescue felines at any given time. They quickly become family members. We recently had to say our farewells to Puna Kitty, a semi-wild cat that was regularly fed at one of the resorts here that we did some work at, that suddenly turned into a ghost town when Covid hit last year. I ended up taking her home for several months of extreme pampering, but sadly the damage of years of “wild life” had been done. Being FIV positive, and enduring numerous bacterial infections finally overcame her. As temporary as this was going into it, it was still devastating, especially to my wife. I know the feeling. 

Aloha Tabitha, and Puna Kitty. 
C6FACD93-D723-48C9-812E-FC5D00D955AF.jpeg.21ca84a6b63d8c7f9e1abe8b4461ab8e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Very sad. I had my cat for 15 years and really loved her, but she always had bad kidney problems and eventually it was so bad she was in a lot of pain so she had to be put to sleep.
Very sad, and I miss her all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone for your sympathy and condolences. Means a lot to us.

Years ago my wife and I saved two cats and gave them a home. Brother and sister from the same litter. Named them Sara and Ester but first trip to vet Ester was a Lester. Lester Tom lived to be 21 and princes Sara 23 buried her two weeks ago on the farm in our pet cemetery. It’s amazing the joy they bring us my condolences brother and remember all that joy.