Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 - MTS SEP 20

Smoking one of these and I love the flavor, strength, and spice.  Pretty new to cc smoking but I can't wait to see how they age.  Only problem is the draw has been so firm on all four I've smoked - even with dry boxing.  Young still.  In your experience, does the draw loosen as the cigar ages?  Have they been on 24:24 recently?  Would love to snag a psp box of these...

• Like 3

With low rH and a lot of time a draw can improve but usually only marginally. Sometimes a run just has tight draws. Get a Perfecdraw.
Pretty much this.
I would also recomend the Modus II. It has salvaged many Cigars for me since I got it at Christmas

I really like the JLP no.1 and no.2's
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
You’ll get to a point where you have so many cigars that are too tight or too underfilled that you start giving them away lol

Yeah, I have definitely noticed that the smaller ring gauge cc's especially seem to have the most problems with being too tight, and using a draw tool on them more often than not cracks the wrapper and sometimes the binder too.

I prefer something over about 46rg for a couple reasons, better draw being one, but still smoke quite a few PC's and am now willing to try my Modus II on them since I purchased some Cigar glue and can fix any issues it causes.

You are always welcome to give your rejects to me, I'm not picky, lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I have definitely noticed that the smaller ring gauge cc's especially seem to have the most problems with being too tight,

Personally, I've been very surprised how few draw issues I've had with cigars like PLMC and MdO4 as well as Laguito 1/2. 

It's been many years since I've heard talk of a general avoidance of long skinnies. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:22 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

With low rH and a lot of time a draw can improve but usually only marginally. Sometimes a run just has tight draws. Get a Perfecdraw.

I agree on the PerfecDraw tool. It has saved many otherwise un-smokeable cigars. I’ve found I can use it on Lanceros if I twist it in slowly using the cutting teeth to work a channel. I only go just beyond the band on the first pass (I find many cigars are plugged around the band area). On the second or third pass (if needed) I go further into the cigar to clear the plug. Split cigars frequently come from going in to far initially and then pulling it out without having opened a channel in the filler first. 

For splits the PerfecRepair cigar glue works well. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:
Personally, I've been very surprised how few draw issues I've had with cigars like PLMC and MdO4 as well as Laguito 1/2. 
It's been many years since I've heard talk of a general avoidance of long skinnies. 

I really haven't had many issues with the smaller rg smokes as a whole, but have had more than with the larger rg ones

9 hours ago, GaryK 54 said:
I agree on the PerfecDraw tool. It has saved many otherwise un-smokeable cigars. I’ve found I can use it on Lanceros if I twist it in slowly using the cutting teeth to work a channel. I only go just beyond the band on the first pass (I find many cigars are plugged around the band area). On the second or third pass (if needed) I go further into the cigar to clear the plug. Split cigars frequently come from going in to far initially and then pulling it out without having opened a channel in the filler first. 
For splits the PerfecRepair cigar glue works well. 

Yeah, Cigar glue is definitely a godsend. Have used it successfully a few times now.

Almost Anytime I try to use my modus on a pc it cracks the wrapper, so the glue has been a very good purchase, especially since its cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk