What music do you listen to when smoking cigars?

Depends on my mood, who I am with and what's the weather like. Mostly it will be easy listening jazz, as I normally smoke with a group of friends. Sometimes I will play some 50s/60s rock, Buena Vista Social Club, or just let Spotify continue to play on from whatever I chose earlier. Other times I will get a specific hankering to listening to the Beach Boys, Beatles, Meatloaf, Buble, or whatever.

The music just adds to the overall ambience of the occasion.

• Like 2

Same here.  Depends on my mood. Because I have a wide range of genre's that I like.  Acid Jazz, Funk, Doo-Wop, Motown R&B, Vintage Country, Bluegrass, Western Swing, Big Band, Cuban/Latin, Ska/Reggae, Blues.  LOL

Also have been listening to a lot of Bob Marley.  Sirius/XM has a new channel in his honor.  Very much like Stick Figure too right now.:2thumbs:

• Like 4

I have a specific cigar music that I listen to that’s just instrumental. It’s mainly from a musician Jan Hammer but I have some instrumental songs from movie/tv-shows like blood diamond, I am legend etc. but Jan Hammer is my go to.

A few of my favorite Jan hammer songs if anyone’s interested.

• Like 2

Heavy stuff, real heavy stuff!  I curate a small playlist of faves here: 

Take a listen to "FU" by Sordid Pink - currently last on the list.  You haven't heard anything like it before :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Normally I watch sports while having a cigar. If I am going to specifically listen to music while I have a cigar, I put my Cuban music playlist on. If I am going to do that it is normally on a weekend afternoon or evening sitting on the deck in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pachelbel’s Canon in D. Or some Vivaldi or Bach. Depends on the day of the week/mood.

Weekend it’s kickass rock to get me pumped up.

Yea, the classical leaves my family scratching their heads too. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All sorts of stuff. Hip hop, funk, soul, trap, drill, rock, metal, pop, r&b, electronic music. It's a mixed bag.

I've recently discovered salsa through El Gran Combo De Puerto Rico, great stuff and fits cigar smoking quite well! I actually discovered them thanks to the My Father cigars website, they have (or had) one of their songs playing on the website. Great songs to check out include Achilipu, Me Libere, Brujeria, La Loma Del Tamarindo, and Un Verano En Nueva York.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

Pachelbel’s Canon in D. Or some Vivaldi or Bach. Depends on the day of the week/mood.

Weekend it’s kickass rock to get me pumped up.

Yea, the classical leaves my family scratching their heads too. 😬

I love classical.  Technically you named Baroque figures, but I really enjoy a lot from Vivaldi.  I tend to lean more toward the Romantic period, Beethoven, Brahms, Grieg, Schubert, but they are all good.  After a stressful day, this is a great way to decompress after the family has gone to sleep.  A good cigar is always my companion, along with an Old Fashioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Musical choice has recently been some deep house playlists, but if I’m really wanting to savor and concentrate on flavors, then no music or other distractions.  Also now that baseball is back, a beer and cigar is a great way to catch the game.

• Like 3