NFL Draft 2021

Chas.Alpha

Hopes for the ‘21 draft:

Who’s your team and what are your hopes?

Me, Minnesota Vikings. 😈

We need 5 Offensive Linemen, a cornerback that has even a vague clue of where the ball might be and a Kicker that can get within 50 feet of the goal post! 😂

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Hopes for the ‘21 draft:

Who’s your team and what are your hopes?

Me, Minnesota Vikings. 😈

We need 5 Offensive Linemen, a cornerback that has even a vague clue of where the ball might be and a Kicker that can get within 50 feet of the goal post! 😂

If Mike Zimmer doesn't make the playoffs he's gone don't you think?

• Like 1

I'm a long suffering Cowboy Fan... I hope we get a good Corner and Jerry doesn't trade up for Kyle Pitts... But I think Jerry is going to sell the store for Pitts.... 

35 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I'm a long suffering Cowboy Fan... I hope we get a good Corner and Jerry doesn't trade up for Kyle Pitts... But I think Jerry is going to sell the store for Pitts.... 

I'll take Kyle Pitts if it doesn't cost us the draft and doesn't set up an early separation from Amari. I'd prefer a rock of a linesman on either side or S-II.

Jerry will probably draft Johnny Football

• Haha 2

I’m a niners fan (more a CFB fan) but I’m all in after the trade to the 3rd pick! 
Contrary to most people, I want Trey Lance. He’s only 20, he may have the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft, extremely bright and hard working. Most importantly, he’s been the underdog his entire career and he’s had to fight tooth and nail to get to where he is. I’ll take that over kids who’ve been 5 star recruits since their sophomore years in HS and have had the red carpet ever since. 
However who ever the niners get will have the best chance to succeed at a high level of any QB taken within the top 3 picks in...ever? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Ha. Jerry needs to be taken out of decision making process. Pitts=visions of sugar plums with ole Dak Prescott lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Çnote said:

Sounds like something a P1 would say 

I like Jerry as I went to Arkansas as did he and he has and continues to do great things for the school. Just seems he really only cares about offense these days. Most analysts I listened to yesterday said need a solid corner over drafting Pitts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

saw that. if pitts is as good as they say, understandable but what do they give up? remember, dak is one chase young tackle away from giving jerry a $140 million headache. 

almost every mock i see has surtain going to you guys. but i suspect you can find mocks having every player go to every team. some of these writers who claim to be "draft analysts" must surely have day jobs. i keep seeing a couple of experts mocking WRs to washington. we grabbed several in FA. do they not take any notice of that? one has us taking a WR in both the first and second round. the only bigger idiot is whoever publishes this nonsense. 

i am very keen we take a LB. parsons almost certainly gone but i suspect at least one of collins and JOK will be there. be very happy with that. a lot of WFT fans seem to think too high for either but we need a good LB. actually we need a couple. we need a TE as well but pitts will be long gone and no other seems worthy before the 3rd (tremble?). 

the OL is our other big need so someone like darrishaw or jenkins? leatherwood if he falls in the 2nd? 

of course, QB for us a big question. other than a mid rounder or late rounder to develop, i think the only chance is if lance (they apparently love him) or possibly jones fell to us or near enough for a trade up without giving up too much. neither likely. 

as long as we do better than the cal rossi debacle...

• Like 1

My hope is that the Bears do not make picks based on upside but instead make picks based on proven talent.  But this GM has proven that isn't going to happen

We need a left tackle, wide receiver, cornerback, safety, right tackle, and quarterback in that order. 

I know we really need a quality quarterback but with the 20th pick, we won't find one with anything but luck.  If we're going to gamble on an unproven QB, let's take a flyer later in the draft.  My prediction: the Bears will take an underqualified QB in the 1st round with "potential".

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

saw that. if pitts is as good as they say, understandable but what do they give up? remember, dak is one chase young tackle away from giving jerry a $140 million headache. 

almost every mock i see has surtain going to you guys. but i suspect you can find mocks having every player go to every team. some of these writers who claim to be "draft analysts" must surely have day jobs. i keep seeing a couple of experts mocking WRs to washington. we grabbed several in FA. do they not take any notice of that? one has us taking a WR in both the first and second round. the only bigger idiot is whoever publishes this nonsense. 

i am very keen we take a LB. parsons almost certainly gone but i suspect at least one of collins and JOK will be there. be very happy with that. a lot of WFT fans seem to think too high for either but we need a good LB. actually we need a couple. we need a TE as well but pitts will be long gone and no other seems worthy before the 3rd (tremble?). 

the OL is our other big need so someone like darrishaw or jenkins? leatherwood if he falls in the 2nd? 

of course, QB for us a big question. other than a mid rounder or late rounder to develop, i think the only chance is if lance (they apparently love him) or possibly jones fell to us or near enough for a trade up without giving up too much. neither likely. 

as long as we do better than the cal rossi debacle...

I know you are focused on QB.. but don't count out Fitzpatrick.. He's better than you think they don't call him "FITZMAGIC" for nothing.. 

22 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Chiefs. Made a deal yesterday to get All Pro Orlando Brown from Ravens. Will be new left tackle. We need it. Mahomes ran for over 400 yards just trying to escape Tampa defenders in Super Bowl. Other than that we are good to go!

Yep, amazing what a correct QB selection can do for a team. We wouldn’t know 😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

Yep, amazing what a correct QB selection can do for a team. We wouldn’t know 😢

Yep you guys passed up Mahomes to get Mitch! I know many a Bears fans who still talk about it. Im a Bears fan as well. Hopefully they pickup a QB to replace Dalton

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I know you are focused on QB.. but don't count out Fitzpatrick.. He's better than you think they don't call him "FITZMAGIC" for nothing.. 

i love fitz and it is going to be fun. but there is a reason he has played for all 32 teams, some several times i think. 

even if we only see the good fitzmagic, he is still not the long term answer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2021 at 8:00 AM, Chibearsv said:

My hope is that the Bears do not make picks based on upside but instead make picks based on proven talent.  But this GM has proven that isn't going to happen

We need a left tackle, wide receiver, cornerback, safety, right tackle, and quarterback in that order. 

I know we really need a quality quarterback but with the 20th pick, we won't find one with anything but luck.  If we're going to gamble on an unproven QB, let's take a flyer later in the draft.  My prediction: the Bears will take an underqualified QB in the 1st round with "potential".

Just chatting with friend in Arlington Heights. He said wouldnt be shocked if GM tried to bring back Cutler! Guess no one has confidence in this guy

4 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Just chatting with friend in Arlington Heights. He said wouldnt be shocked if GM tried to bring back Cutler! Guess no one has confidence in this guy

I can tell he’s a Bears fan. He’s right. We don’t have a QB on the roster that’s better than Trubisky and he’s the one they got rid of. GM and Coach are both bad and should have been canned. I’m in Prospect Heights FYI so right next to AH

52 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

How is your team drafting....thums up or down :cigar:

those who know more than i do (big list) are pretty happy for WFT. have to say that if ron riveria and jack del rio can't pick a good linebacker then we are in trouble. 

i think the general consensus for most teams would tend to the thumbs up. that said, i think that the raiders went for their bloke way too high - might have got him in the 2nd round. some mocks had him going to us in the 2nd and we are behind the raiders. 

also, i know a lot of people think he has upside but taking a young inexperienced QB so high when he has hardly played a game, and they had to give up so much to get the pick, might come back to bite the crap out of the 49ers. dwayne haskins, anyone? 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 12:10 AM, El Presidente said:

How is your team drafting....thumbs up or down :cigar:

Very happy with Chiefs. They significantly improved offensive line prior to draft to protect their 500 mill invesrment in Mahomes. Last night they drafted a second team all american linebacker. Tampa gets help for Brady. We do it for Mahomes!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:20 PM, Chibearsv said:

I can tell he’s a Bears fan. He’s right. We don’t have a QB on the roster that’s better than Trubisky and he’s the one they got rid of. GM and Coach are both bad and should have been canned. I’m in Prospect Heights FYI so right next to AH

Will see what Fields can do. Question is will they stick with Dalton or roll the dice and start Fields? Pace and Nagy jobs are on the line. Bears overall I think had decent draft.

11 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Will see what Fields can do. Question is will they stick with Dalton or roll the dice and start Fields? Pace and Nagy jobs are on the line. Bears overall I think had decent draft.

I think they drafted correctly by emphasizing offense and making moves when they did.  The local guys on radio think it's the greatest moment in franchise history drafting Fields (aside from championships).  I'll remain skeptical.  I hope they stick with Dalton for this year.  At least the Bears got more interesting through this draft. 

On 5/2/2021 at 6:13 AM, Chibearsv said:

I think they drafted correctly by emphasizing offense and making moves when they did.  The local guys on radio think it's the greatest moment in franchise history drafting Fields (aside from championships).  I'll remain skeptical.  I hope they stick with Dalton for this year.  At least the Bears got more interesting through this draft. 

I was listening to Waddle and Silvy show. Seems like its getting a huge thumbs up on draft. 89% approval on Fields. Of course one never knows with QB's. My cousin played in NFL and started. Repeatedly says so much depends on the system QB are drafted into. Time will tell. 

• Like 1