Optimal resting/acclimatization time

Some interesting responses, thanks
I typically only wait about 30-45 days, cc's and nc's, and haven't really noticed any issues. I keep all my humidors at 65% now, after doing 62% for a long time, and have had fewer issues with the slightly higher rh.

Only once have (i assume this is the cause) one issue with one cigar smoking after only a week even. It was s BCJ, and it was bitter the whole length. I dont often smoke rott, but when I have only the one had a problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

22 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

minimum or optimal resting and acclimating time?

Two entirely different criteria. How many cigars does one have? If you don't have a lot of cigars you may be chomping at the bit to try out your new aquisition. And that's fine. Give them as much time as you can and enjoy your cigars. If you have 30 boxes, well, there's no rush, is there? If your new cigars have traveled half way across the world  and are of a recent box age they may well have been cargo for a significant part of their short life. The cigars have jet lag. 30 days is the old standby rule. Your experience may differ depending on a bunch of factors. Getting the cigars to a good relative humidity is probably the most important part of acclimatization and there's lots of info on this site about that. Have fun and enjoy your cigars. As I learned about my cigars my enjoyment of them increased.

My .02$ 

• Like 3

I’ll test a box at 30 pretty frequently. If it’s ready I’ll start smoking, if not I’ll wait another 30-60 days. I’ve had some boxes be AMAZING after 30 days, others needed the additional rest. 

• Like 2