Bitcoin Price Prediction

I know a fair number of us on here hold BTC. In the midst of the current sell-off, curious to get your price prediction for 12/31/2021. 

What a ride...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t invest in nonsense like Bitcoin. I’ve got all my money tied up in Upmann futures 

I'm shocked that a non-productive, speculative asset based on 1970s technology that has no uses outside of pyramid schemes and money laundering could collapse at the first sign of a recession.

Crypto is a fool's game. Buy shares in Vanderlay Industries. Latex is the way to go.

My entire portfolio consists of stock that I acquired during the 18/19 raids of the LCDH shops in Havana. The rest is mostly worthless... 😔

• Like 2

200k ish peak this cycle but whether that hits in Dec or not I have no idea. So let's say it peaks early and I'm going with 163k Dec 31st. 

Wow. Bold prediction with the recent selloff, Turkey banning it for use of purchases and the recent Biden administration getting the US treasury involved to control it.
I sure hope it jumps to 163k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I think it's peaked for now. Drop back to 25-30k by july, Stay there for maybe 1 year, then will start the next shoot to 180k odd. So Dec 2021 30k, Dec 2022 60k, Dec 2023 180k.

• Like 2

Talk about a non-correlated asset... Band of outcomes is exceptionally wide, but if governments keep getting more and more involved I’m not very bullish. Worth having some exposure just in case, but I wouldn’t trust any thesis too centered on bitcoin going to the moon.

18 minutes ago, GolfT3 said:

Talk about a non-correlated asset... Band of outcomes is exceptionally wide, but if governments keep getting more and more involved I’m not very bullish. Worth having some exposure just in case, but I wouldn’t trust any thesis too centered on bitcoin going to the moon.

That’s only for Doge.

2 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

I think it's peaked for now. Drop back to 25-30k by july, Stay there for maybe 1 year, then will start the next shoot to 180k odd. So Dec 2021 30k, Dec 2022 60k, Dec 2023 180k.

Yeah I agree. I’m gonna convert mine into USDT as soon as Binance will allow me. 

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

USDT

careful with that, it is being widely speculated that the USD backing doesn't exist

As to the original question, no idea but I believe it's still trending upwards in the medium term - 400k isn't unlikely if widespread corporate uptake continues. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Wow. Bold prediction with the recent selloff, Turkey banning it for use of purchases and the recent Biden administration getting the US treasury involved to control it.
I sure hope it jumps to 163k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it does too!

To your points, the recent selloffs are part of the volatility inherent (at least for now) in Bitcoin, multiple drops of 30% during a bull market are not uncommon. Earlier in the year same thing 40k to 28k, last March it dropped 40% to approx 3k and many thought it had peaked.

Turkey banning it isn't all that concerning, Nigeria did the same thing and usage went up quite a bit after. Countries that ban it usually have a very weak currency and don't want the competition imo. More generally though, it's very difficult to ban an open source decentralized network. 

Biden trying to control/tax it, they'll have the same problem re: open source networks. They might tax it heavily but I don't think it will end up being any different that any other tax you pay on a capital gain. Even still, saying he wants to do it and getting it passed are quite different. If taxes were high and you didn't want to sell you could always short it while holding the asset, effectively being market neutral, and hoping that the law changed. You can even earn interest buy loaning your Bitcoin while doing so. (although that has other risks!)

All this is to say I have no idea where it's going, it might have peaked already and we hang around 30k-50k for a while. But I think it's unlikely and there's still lots of room to go up from here. 

• Like 2

Take a look at all the old crypto and BTC threads on here and you will see how poorly anyone bearish on BTC and crypto assets has done. When companies like Tesla start holding BTC on their balance sheets it’s time to realize you better be holding too if you want your wealth to mean anything in the future. We should see multiple BTC ETF’s approved this year in the US. BTC is the most bullish asset in history. That is a fact. Trading BTC and cryptos by trying to call short term bottoms and tops is a difficult game. It gets even more difficult on leverage. I don’t think anyone knows what the next top will look like but in the past every single top has a blow off exuberance that we have not seen yet this bull run. I do think there is more upside this run in other cryptos and I’m especially bullish on the Solana ecosystem, ETH and Defi blue chips. The name of the game is to just stack sats and HODL. 

I won’t make a BTC price prediction, we could dump from here, take off or range for a while but I would bet anyone that BTC will never trade below $20,000 again. 

Oh and when you hear FUD like people banning BTC or taxing it to death always BTFD. Guaranteed money. 

• Like 4

I've been watching Bitcoin since 2012 and kick myself everyday for not having the patience to figure out how to buy it back then. Everyone has been predicting it's fall from controversies and flat out govt bans at any moment for nearly a decade now. Truth is, no one knows how big its going to get. Seems every time it crosses a 10k threshold anymore news spreads how its not going to do it and it drops for a little while and then as if buyers then start snatching it up again and it surges across the previous boundary that people doubted it could reach. I wouldn't pour anything I couldn't afford to loose in it and if I had a lifechanging amount that it has now reached I would not cash it all out neither. I'd make a decision how much yield to harvest off if I needed it or wanted to invest in something else I wanted to start like real estate or something else to position myself for the time being. 

22 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Buying what doesn't exist.

A millenials dream.

That was my perspective for many years. I feel very foolish for not correlating that the US dollar has less intrinsic value than most alt currency. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bijan said:

I think 2T market cap.

Now I'm off to buy some DOGE.

Gah I was going to do that right after GME crashed initially and of course I didnt. Kicking myself for that! 

On 4/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Meklown said:

careful with that, it is being widely speculated that the USD backing doesn't exist

As to the original question, no idea but I believe it's still trending upwards in the medium term - 400k isn't unlikely if widespread corporate uptake continues. 

I'm very happy I didnt do that, I'd be down a few thousand! 

I do agree crytpo is a long term hold. I have .28 BTC (at one point I could have consolidated into 1 BTC...again kicking myself). Some of the bigger ones like Etherium are backed by amazing tech and are great long term holds as well. I'll probably keep 5-10% of my portfolio in crypto. 

• Like 2

Curious where one of the other necro crypto threads went last night. Seemed to be informative and hadn't seen anything negative. @JohnS?

I mentioned Michael Saylor, was that it? https://elevenews.com/2021/03/26/michael-saylor-drops-mind-blowing-bitcoin-prediction-btc-to-hit-5-million/

He's quite long on BTC to the tune of over 91K, current value $5.1B.... If it goes there that stack would be $500B!

Worked for the man 2004-2007. MIT rocket scientist and owns one of the largest yachts on the planet. Not sure $5M/BTC will happen, though, while he is a bit off the rails, he's had a pretty successful track record.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Curious where one of the other necro crypto threads went last night. Seemed to be informative and hadn't seen anything negative. @JohnS?

I mentioned Michael Saylor, was that it? https://elevenews.com/2021/03/26/michael-saylor-drops-mind-blowing-bitcoin-prediction-btc-to-hit-5-million/

He's quite long on BTC to the tune of over 91K, current value $5.1B.... If it goes there that stack would be $500B!

Worked for the man 2004-2007. MIT rocket scientist and owns one of the largest yachts on the planet. Not sure $5M/BTC will happen, though, while he is a bit off the rails, he's had a pretty successful track record.

Microstrategy absolutely crushing it. Brought some bigger players into the game this year legitimizing BTC for corporate balance sheets. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, miamipadronsmoker said:

Microstrategy absolutely crushing it. Brought some bigger players into the game this year legitimizing BTC for corporate balance sheets. 

First movers best movers.

Still holding a few ESPP shares of MSTR as well.