2021 releases: Standard lines

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

or montesco release

A Dukes No. 3 is pretty close. I am surprised they didn't just make it a Montesco, although perhaps they don't want to step on the Supremos EL's toes? 

I definitely would have thought a Petit or Short Robusto would have been the choice over a Hermosos No. 4 for RG. Very happy it's not. I guess hoping for a 44 x 127 revival of the original Coronas Lonsdales was a bridge too far! I'll happily take the Hermosos No. 4.

• Like 1

A hermosos No. 4 or roughly robusto sized Cigar and they name it the Coronas de Lonsdales? What? Haha. I thought short de punch was rock bottom........  Its definately a cigar I'll try though, especially if its priced reasonably. Bummer on the 10 SLB though. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Coronas de Lonsdales? What?

If it were any other brand it wouldn't make sense, but Lonsdale does have meaning outside of the specific vitola for Rafael Gonzalez.

49 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Bummer on the 10 SLB though. 

What's wrong with a 10 box?

9 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If it were any other brand it wouldn't make sense, but Lonsdale does have meaning outside of the specific vitola for Rafael Gonzalez.

What's wrong with a 10 box?

They couldn't bring back the original, so +4 rg is as close as we get. Haha. I am looking forward to a larger size in the Marca either way. 

I don't like 10 counts because of the packaging to cigar ratio. I get it for LE's/RE's, etc. but for a regular release I prefer the 5, 25, 50 spread. Cardboard 5 packs for a quick pick up or new smokers to try, 25 counts for the typical purchase and 50 cabs for aging. I think SLBs for RP 10 counts are just a pointless waste of money. I would buy several 50 cabs of Ramon Allones Superiores if they where released though. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

I don't like 10 counts because of the packaging to cigar ratio. I get it for LE's/RE's, etc. but for a regular release I prefer the 5, 25, 50 spread. Cardboard 5 packs for a quick pick up or new smokers to try, 25 counts for the typical purchase and 50 cabs for aging. I think SLBs for RP 10 counts are just a pointless waste of money. I would buy several 50 cabs of Ramon Allones Superiores if they where released though. 

So what you really have a problem with is the 10 box being the only available format. I would also prefer 50 or 100 cabs for my favorite cigars, but don't hate the 10 box for it. ;)

Really looking forward to the RG!!! For the rest, the RA is the only one I would consider if the reviews were stellar, since 52RG is as big as I'm willing to go but it has to be worth it. 

I have to say, in spite of how much I disagree with the embargo, both because of hypocrisy and pointlessness, I think that an unexpected positive coming from it is that the race to bigger and bigger RGs has been considerably slowed down compared to the NC world. And even with that, it's still happening, slowly but surely. 

Here's my 2 cents....

Cohiba doesn't need anymore regular production lines, neither does Monte's. 

Happy that Ramon Allones is getting a line expansion but the Dip #2 is very lonely, it needs some friends. A petite corona would be nice or anything with a 50 or below RG. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheGipper said:

The fact that this seems to take a step *away* from entirely killing off the Ramon Allones and Rafael Gonzalez marcas is good news to me.

RA wasn't going anywhere. RASS is huge and RAS seems to have become solidified. RASCC isn't hugely popular but HSA rarely if ever cuts Minutos. RAG could certainly get the axe at some point, but another regular production model is a good thing.

RG on the other hand I was getting worried about. Several local brand Marevas have been cut recently (SP, JL) and even the HUPC wasn't safe. RGPC is one I feel could get the axe at any time. That would have been the last long filler model, so thank goodness they're giving us a legit new regular production model in the acceptable size range. 

1 hour ago, benfica_77 said:

but the Dip #2 is very lonely, it needs some friends.

There are several brands that are dying on the vine and seeing anything like a Hermosos No. 1-4 would be terrific. Dip, SLR, SP all are desperate for some regular production models. 

2 hours ago, westg said:

Montecristo Dukes finally ...😁 happy days

They didn't have anything more than a 52 in the regular line yet (Open and 1935 excluded). Had to know it was coming. 

3 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

bet the cohiba and qdo's won't be cheap!

QdOs should be in line with the 50 & 54. The Cohibas, no, they will likely not be cheap at all.