2021 Releases: Specialties

I am intrigued about the Funadores Anejado. You simply can't fudge an aged Fundie .....can you :thinking:

Monte Tubos Anejado? :rotfl:

Montecristo Almirantes on the other hand is something I look forward to trying. 

1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice job trickling these for 3 days Rob. :rotfl:

Monte Tubos Anejados! Ha! These Anejados keep getting more ridiculous. 

RyJ WC Travel? Uh, nope. 

Specialties--Cohiba 56 RG at an outrageous price? Monte 50 x 184--I'll stick with my Double Edmundos. HU Mag 52? You mean a Royal Robustos? 

• Like 2

It's years in but the Anejados line still makes my head hurt each time: what, how, huh?

There's fundadores and Monte Tubos that didn't sell? They aren't abandoned releases. If they had a stock of aged tobacco I could see rolling them into fundies, but they would be glammed up to the nines with 5 bands and a disco ball box. They wouldn't roll aged premium tobacco into Monte tubos, it would be .... I just have no idea how to approach this..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

It's years in but the Anejados line still makes my head hurt each time: what, how, huh?

There's fundadores and Monte Tubos that didn't sell? They aren't abandoned releases. If they had a stock of aged tobacco I could see rolling them into fundies, but they would be glammed up to the nines with 5 bands and a disco ball box. They wouldn't roll aged premium tobacco into Monte tubos, it would be .... I just have no idea how to approach this..

The Fundies Anejado really intrigue me. I mean if they are not ridgy didge they will be kicked from here to kingdon come. 

Will we ever see them? I hope so. I may have some doubts :lookaround:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The Fundies Anejado really intrigue me. I mean if they are not ridgy didge they will be kicked from here to kingdon come. 

Will we ever see them? I hope so. I may have some doubts :lookaround:

Or to really put the cat amongst the pigeons, if they come in a 25 count box not 24/12

These anejados make more sense than the original release anejados. They're supposed to be aged 10 years I think. Didn't ever make sense to me that they'd roll a unique for the Marca vitola and sit on it for 10 years. But putting a few boxes of Fundadores or Monte tubos aside would be pretty straightforward.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bijan said:

Didn't ever make sense to me that they'd roll a unique for the Marca vitola and sit on it for 10 years

No, it certainly didn't, but the RyJ Churchills aren't anything to write home about. 

Also, I believe the official age statement for the Anejados since 2014 has been 5 to 8 years. 

Nice job trickling these for 3 days Rob. :rotfl:
Monte Tubos Anejados! Ha! These Anejados keep getting more ridiculous. 
RyJ WC Travel? Uh, nope. 
Specialties--Cohiba 56 RG at an outrageous price? Monte 50 x 184--I'll stick with my Double Edmundos. HU Mag 52? You mean a Royal Robustos? 
I agree on the anejados line.
Have had 2 of them and wasn't impressed for the price

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Notsocleaver said:

Its amazing to me that they found the blending space for yet another 52 rg H Upmann.

Yes, it is amazing. Not necessarily a good thing, but every HU is pretty unique. No brand has such a diversity of blends IMO while maintaining it's core characteristics pretty well. 

The 46, 50, 54 and 56 couldn't be more different, as is the case with the Connies (although I've yet to try a Connie 2, but I'm hearing it is different than the 1, A & B.) I agree--how many more blends can you do with the brand?

Whoever is in charge of blending HU is really earning their $36/month. Not all home runs but each one has effort put in. 

Has there ever been a 50 cab under the Montecristo brand?  A friend has some Dunhill 50 count dress boxes of No. 2's, that look kind of like Montecristo branding.

For sure the Almirantes are the most exciting item on the list.  I for sure will buy one or two.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Has there ever been a 50 cab under the Montecristo brand?  A friend has some Dunhill 50 count dress boxes of No. 2's, that look kind of like Montecristo branding.

For sure the Almirantes are the most exciting item on the list.  I for sure will buy one or two.

Montecristo 1, 3 and 4 used to come in 50 cabs. I think they were always quite rare. I've only ever seen one that I remember. Discontinued in the 1970s, the one I saw was a cabinet of 50 Monte 1s from the 1960s. I'll see if I can find pictures.

• Like 4

Interesting list. Seems to be full of some pretty long and fatter Cigars.
Nothing really jumps out at me as something I would want to try though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Discontinued in the 1970s, the one I saw was a cabinet of 50 Monte 1s from the 1960s.

If this is the one you're referring to (from CCW taken from MRN, taken from a catalog and not in his personal collection) I'm not sure this is a 50 cab. I could be wrong, but it looks more like a 25 cab to me. 

mc-1-cab.jpg

According to MRN, 50 cabs and cajon 100s were available until the 1970s but I have never seen any actual evidence of a post-Rev Monte 1, 3 or 4 in 50s or 100s. As MRN so often notes, these may have existed only on paper. The 25 cabs were pretty rare anyway, noted as such by MRN. I've only seen images of a few and maybe one or two at auction in the last 25 years. 

• Like 3