70F/21C Sunny, and mild, who's gonna burn what today?

It's been a chaotic cluster-fest at work this week. Major corporate reorganization, endless, tedious informationals...please, shoot me and put me out of my misery. Just the latest in a succession of corporate games. I tell you, if you're not your own boss, you'll always be somebody's puppet. Alpaca farming isn't looking so bad lately.

Anyway, it's the weekend now and today is going to be just as pleasant as it can be so I'm going to pick something a little special to fire up. How about you? What are your Habanos plans this weekend?

• Like 2

I have not decided yet what to smoke this morning, but great post.

I retired recently, but before I retired there was a lady friend whose job it was to kick me in the leg when I fell asleep during boring meetings.

I had to retire to let my leg heal.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cairo said:

I retired recently, but before I retired there was a lady friend whose job it was to kick me in the leg when I fell asleep during boring meetings.

I had to retire to let my leg heal.  🙂

That's the one good thing about Zooming meetings these days. Turn off the cam and no one can see you nod off or flip the bird.

Weather is going to be pretty much the same as yours today.

Planning on a SLR Regios for my daily morning smoke, and likely a Cuaba Tradicionales in the afternoon, but may break out a 2011 Monte no.3 or a 2001 Hdm du Maire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

73F, Sunny, Light Winds, Clear Skies for me. Mint Juleps all afternoon. Kentucky Derby. Grilling.

Probably will go with:

Partagas Lusitania

Alex Puntilla

BUP JUL 19

1CD12E2B-FDD8-4EFC-9F52-C8B8EBFCB04A.jpeg.c774c6f2e4a6a9faeb65ccdf9f2cee0b.jpeg

Puntilla circa DIC 18

4646B08C-41DE-4A1D-A6FD-2670A4966E69.jpeg.dd7f82f27885ebdf14d9b4398b83ccad.jpeg

• Like 4

I have not decided yet what to smoke this morning, but great post.
I had to retire to let my leg heal. 
I always hated meetings too.
Unfortunately had tons of them in the navy and also with my jobs in the oilfields.

Would love to just skip the bs and let me do my job

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Beautiful day here in North FLA. K Derby on this evening. I might go with the Espy from the ‘19 Christmas sampler. It’s been staring at me for some time now... 😳

• Like 3

Just lovely weather here today, too. I think I’ll start with a Montecristo Petit Edmundo out on the patio with some coffee and perhaps enjoy one of the discontinued Trinidad Double Robustos this evening. 

Ya’ll have reminded me to enjoy this...and do some grilling and some BBQ as well.

• Like 1

Nice! If that’s something “a little special”, I’m wondering what something really special is :lol3:

• Like 1

Great Saturday...

AAC8A581-E35E-4484-88E5-C37141821B3D.jpeg

FBADACB1-C268-4C7C-9237-6326ED6F6F07.jpeg

• Like 4

Great review, also thanks for the pics.

I pulled a OCT 14 Lusi box out of long term storage last night.  Smoked a few out of it 5 yrs ago and they were great so I decided to bury them.  Had the time to smoke one today.  Another great cigar, top notch construction in this box.  Time has been good to these but they deserve more.  I'll pull a few for the singles tray and bury the box again.  

• Like 1

After a couple scorchers here in LA, it calmed down to a beautiful 70/80F today and will continue tomorrow. Spent today getting ready to celebrate Easter tomorrow and now winding down with a PLPC as I’m simmering some octopus for the one of may appetizers tomorrow as our lamb roasts. Starting to contemplate tomorrow’s smokes….more to follow. 
Cheers, Wilkey, and the rest of my beloved FOH!!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ginseng said:

Here's my worship of the day. 

Cigar: Bolivar Coronas Gigantes SLB-50, POS OCT 06

Prelight experience: Just a bloody gorgeous cigar. Dense and heavy, fully filled, luscious colorado wrapper, perfectly executed flat head. The aroma is all sweet fruit and floral, dense with a mixture of raisins and prunes over a tangy wood base. Powerful when inhaled through the foot and the cut head. Intoxicating is the word I would use without reservation. As you can see, large cabs get messy but for some reason, I find that sensuous tumble of cigars to be highly erotic, in a cigar sense. 

The start of the smoking: This cigar proceeds without reservation. From the first light, after the first few minutes, the Coronas Gigantes launches into full-on activation delivering floral, fruity, leather, and sweet wood tones. Body is medium and strength is surprisingly moderate for such a sizable cigar. The cigar is likely on the heavy end of the permissible fill but the draw is just perfect, offering exactly the right resistance for a light draw or a few deeper pulls to rouse the beast. And by beast, I don't mean a raging tiger, more like a friendly, mature golden retriever snuggling onto your lap for a good solid scruff and scratch. So approachable and inviting.

The rest of the smoking: Progression is minimal, comfortable. This is a poised cigar that doesn't need to do handstands and splits to keep your attention. Strength builds slightly, smoke gets more dense, and the main character becomes settled into just high quality tobacco sprinkled in with more of that aromatic and floral twinkles to keep things fresh. I say "just" but this is no disparagement. If every cigar I smoked was built upon such a worthy core, I'd be as happy as I am right now.

The finish: Long and pleasant on the palate without harshness or tar. Delectable. Throughout the smoking, I noticed that it is easy to keep in your mouth. The smoke is rounded and light, pleasant and lacking in any sharp edges or irritation. Love it and I just can't put it down. But eventually I do. Two solid hours of the type of companionship that we all seek for and are sometimes, fortunately, rewarded. And, I'm confident in saying that when the last of its brethren go up in fine Habana smoke, it will truly be a sad, sad day.

IMG_7532.jpg.ef0f72f50c2b88c54d39d744aa3f7d55.jpgIMG_7533.jpg.7f8dc09a83020bce3d5ee339e6f8dd79.jpgIMG_7534.jpg.9cfcc3556442d5358702a7c173d984a0.jpgIMG_7535.jpg.14dcc3bcf63172a04e4ae686014d4fde.jpgIMG_7536.jpg.aba7856f890e93df6a0ed6eea49d8496.jpgIMG_7537.jpg.3033495e77e2a9e53a847bdc5843b49a.jpgIMG_7538.jpg.ed476b3f49173dd95d5056c6d652da2c.jpgIMG_7540.jpg.3df6ca6c7ccc7a5003d312cb5695bf67.jpgIMG_7541.jpg.4b55553f9e107b616c8d8a3c9141e621.jpg

Great review - one of my favourite sticks. Sad to see that they were discontinued. Almost jealous that you still have a cab.

1 minute ago, targa88 said:

Great review - one of my favourite sticks. Sad to see that they were discontinued. Almost jealous that you still have a cab.

Had I known then that they were a) going to smoke so well and b) would be marked for extinction, I would have put away at least 4 or 5 cabs. 

Sad thing is I've gone deep on a number of occasions and have yet to be rewarded. Case in point, Trinidad Ingenios and Bolvar Gold Medals. Good cigars. Not great. Yet. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Ginseng said:

Had I known then that they were a) going to smoke so well and b) would be marked for extinction, I would have put away at least 4 or 5 cabs. 

Sad thing is I've gone deep on a number of occasions and have yet to be rewarded. Case in point, Trinidad Ingenios and Bolvar Gold Medals. Good cigars. Not great. Yet. Who knows.

I was fortunate enough to pick up four boxes (25s) soon after their extinction was announced. I savour them, as I enjoy both the profile and the vitola.

I suspect that we buy based on what we enjoy. However, ultimately we try something - discover that we enjoy and then the search/quest begins to reproduce that experience.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ginseng said:

Here's my worship of the day. 

Cigar: Bolivar Coronas Gigantes SLB-50, POS OCT 06

Prelight experience: Just a bloody gorgeous cigar. Dense and heavy, fully filled, luscious colorado wrapper, perfectly executed flat head. The aroma is all sweet fruit and floral, dense with a mixture of raisins and prunes over a tangy wood base. Powerful when inhaled through the foot and the cut head. Intoxicating is the word I would use without reservation. As you can see, large cabs get messy as you take from them but for some reason, I find that sensuous tumble of cigars to be highly erotic, in a cigar sense. 

The start of the smoking: This cigar proceeds without reservation. From the first light, after the first few minutes, the Coronas Gigantes launches into full-on activation delivering floral, fruity, leather, and sweet wood tones. Body is medium and strength is surprisingly moderate for such a sizable cigar. The cigar is likely on the heavy end of the permissible fill but the draw is just perfect, offering exactly the right resistance for a light draw or a few deeper pulls to rouse the beast. And by beast, I don't mean a raging tiger, more like a friendly, mature golden retriever snuggling onto your lap for a good solid scruff and scratch. So approachable and inviting.

The rest of the smoking: Progression is minimal, comfortable. This is a poised cigar that doesn't need to do handstands and splits to keep your attention. Strength builds slightly, smoke gets more dense, and the main character becomes settled into just high quality tobacco sprinkled in with more of that aromatic and floral twinkles to keep things fresh. I say "just" but this is no disparagement. If every cigar I smoked was built upon such a worthy core, I'd be as happy as I am right now.

The finish: Long and pleasant on the palate without harshness or tar. Delectable. Throughout the smoking, I noticed that it is easy to keep in your mouth. The smoke is rounded and light, pleasant and lacking in any sharp edges or irritation. Love it and I just can't put it down. But eventually I do. Two solid hours of the type of companionship that we all seek for and are sometimes, fortunately, rewarded. And, I'm confident in saying that when the last of its brethren go up in fine Habana smoke, it will truly be a sad, sad day.

IMG_7532.jpg.ef0f72f50c2b88c54d39d744aa3f7d55.jpgIMG_7533.jpg.7f8dc09a83020bce3d5ee339e6f8dd79.jpgIMG_7534.jpg.9cfcc3556442d5358702a7c173d984a0.jpgIMG_7535.jpg.14dcc3bcf63172a04e4ae686014d4fde.jpgIMG_7536.jpg.aba7856f890e93df6a0ed6eea49d8496.jpgIMG_7537.jpg.3033495e77e2a9e53a847bdc5843b49a.jpgIMG_7538.jpg.ed476b3f49173dd95d5056c6d652da2c.jpgIMG_7540.jpg.3df6ca6c7ccc7a5003d312cb5695bf67.jpgIMG_7541.jpg.4b55553f9e107b616c8d8a3c9141e621.jpg

Have enjoyed many a POS 06 Bolivar. Some of these cigars were just stellar. Smoked a POS 06 RC last month for the robusto contest, just never posted a review.

Great cigar!

Thanks for sharing Wilkey!

-tP

• Like 1

If I have to mow the lawn, I'm going to enjoy myself while doing so. Just a few loose singles of a few boxes/vitolas left. Now's a good a time as any.

She ain't pretty, but she puts out...a ton of fabulous smoke.

IMG_7544.jpg.72b335d3b666f3634e9d2a83e6d573a6.jpgIMG_7547.jpg.eff26195a1999987d525e0731fc284c8.jpg

• Like 2

Another beautiful day here as well so I pulled one from the top shelf, a Bolivar Tiempos(I think).  I picked up 3 singles in Paris a while back.  This is the first one I've tried and it has been superb.

20210502_135032.jpg

• Like 2