It's gonna be a lovely weekend. What's going to be your special stick?

9 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Weather is unfortunately cold and rainy in MD ...if the humidity stays down I’ll try for another siglo IV

Yeah, today's turned out to be a loss, but tomorrow is looking tasty!

Yesterday was 80 degrees and sunny (also windy like always in Wyoming), but today is 43 degrees, extra windy and drizzling rain all day.

Spring in Wyoming is a constant tease of one gorgeous day followed by several crappy days. Definitely won't be smoking outside today, but we do have a glass shelter that's mostly enclosed to keep you out of the elements, but still get fresh air and a nice view of the mountains.

Still debating on trying one of my Vintage cc's, as I'm dying to try one, but honestly would rather smoke it on a nice day, out in the open, so likely having a partagas culebras and an RyJ Belicosos.

Both are solid smokes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Still debating on trying one of my Vintage cc's, as I'm dying to try one, but honestly would rather smoke it on a nice day, out in the open, so likely having a partagas culebras and an RyJ Belicosos.

Culebras are so much fun, and a genuinely enjoyable cigar beyond just the novelty. Best of luck whichever you end up going with.

• Like 1

Culebras are so much fun, and a genuinely enjoyable cigar beyond just the novelty. Best of luck whichever you end up going with.
Yeah, I honestly just recently tried my first culebras since I was gifted one. Had already shied away from them due to the oddity and concerns with burn, draw an construction due to the shape.

Fell in love with them though and have had no problems with the things I was concerned with.

Very tasty smokes. I had been missing out.
Definitely plan to keep some in stock

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Culebra and RyJ belicosos. Both are great smokes

• Like 2

Thinking that I may go with a Ramon Allones Superiores from 2013, a D4 from 2012, and/or a Siglo II from 2012. 

Then again, something else may grab me as I look thru the 'dor. I can be impulsive when it comes to cigars, LOL.

• Like 2

Thinking that I may go with a Ramon Allones Superiores from 2013, a D4 from 2012, and/or a Siglo II from 2012. 
Then again, something else may grab me as I look thru the 'dor. I can be impulsive when it comes to cigars, LOL.
Nice selection of choices.
Haven't had a Superiores yet, but i always keep an eye out for some singles of them.

Love the D4, definitely on my favorites list.

Also really love the Siglo II's and always keep some in stock. Great smoke and reasonably priced as far as Cohibas go

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

Not even remotely “pleasant” for me. 
EBF92A0F-E400-4FE9-AFFC-14EBEAA81A0C.jpeg.a92e0e7b1d29e2c6272bc55bc9ff08fe.jpeg

Wow!!! Where are you??? That's a lot of snow for May.

5 minutes ago, griller said:

Wow!!! Where are you??? That's a lot of snow for May.

Northern Rockies. I live on top of a mountain in Montana. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troels said:

Partagas chico! 
im alone with the kids, so found something that matched the time slot available - Nice for what it is 

Not allowed to be left alone with the grandkids anymore.

Something about last time with toilet paper, shaving cream, water balloons and the dog got painted.

Whatev!

They had fun. 😂

• Like 1

Just finished making a cheesecake for my beloved for tomorrow, needs to cool in fridge over night.  Need to make the strawberry glaze and cream in the morning.  For dinner I’m going to make her favorite Thai Green Curry with Shrimp for dinner tomorrow that she requested.  (“Homemade curry paste honey don’t use the jarred”.....”ok fine, why have it take an hour when you can have it take 2”).  

After dinner I’m going to sit on my deck, fire up the fire pits and have a glass of Glen Livet 25, followed by an Esmerelda with a cup of Red Catuai coffee from MGC, drop of cream and pinch of sugar.  Then I’m going to go to sleep since I’ve drank heavily with my mates the last 2 days at a golf outing.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ginseng said:
A bit late posting but here's what I smoked that weekend. 
Ramon Allones Estupendos - POS AGO 06
Haven't got time to write up a full review so here's the capsule.
I went deep on the Estupendos because the name is legendary and because I enjoy RA broadly as a marca with the RASCC and RASS consistent standouts. It's taken me just about 15 years to finish this particular cab (the others are untouched but same code) and I can honestly say this is a cigar that should not have been smoked in the first 5-8 years. During that time, the cigar was consistently tight, tannic, and harsh. But in the last 5 years or so, it has started to open. It is still powerful, extracted, concentrated, penetrating, but now also deeply satisfying.
The character of this cigar is pure, strong tobacco, intensely aromatic and, how can I put this, high definition. That descriptor stinks but what I mean to say is that the aromas, drawn, hot end, and parallel pulled are so multifaceted but crystal clear. It's like when I put on my glasses in the morning; "so this is what the world looks like." "So this is what tobacco is supposed to be like." In my mind, what I envision "old style Cuban cigar" to be like, the Estupendos exemplifies.
The RA Estupendos is yet another cigar for the decades ahead. If you own some, sample slowly. I have the feeling that this is a Habanos that I'll be enjoying well into my old(er) age.

Your review reminded me why I love RA. Great write up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suppose to be a nice weekend here after a week of crappy weather so I may celebrate with a 1946 Country Club Perfecto Clear Havana I was generously gifted along with some other Vintage smokes.

Really enjoyed the first one of the Vintage smokes I tried the other day.

Its a whole new world of Cigars I have never explored, so even if some taste crappy, I will still enjoy the experience

• Like 1