Foulkes & Sons cigar reviews.......thoughts from non-uk members???

2 hours ago, asudevil08 said:

Are they living in their own world?  Absolutely.  Do they play it up for their YouTube audience?  Absolutely.  If you're watching them with the intent of learning new things about the cigars they're smoking, its not the place for you.  If you're wanting to watch two guys who enjoy cigars and ramble about nonsense, its worth a watch.  

I was going to type something but he already said it.  I thoroughly enjoy watching them for what they are...entertainment.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, feel free to tell me to get off my high horse, but posting a thread on a public forum about cigar reviewers you don't like just so you can feel justified in calling them retards and wankers as s

Nick Foulkes (the older one), won Habanos Man of the Year for communications in 2007.  As far as I remember I haven't met him, though I've been at some of the same events as him. He is quite well

This is an interesting question as there is a weird dichotomous view of cigar smoking as on the one hand an everyman pastime and on the other hand a bit of a posh affectation. I mean Cuban cigars

I've watched several of their episodes and enjoyed them, had some good laughs. They're dolled-up cartoon characters—and that on purpose of course. One doesn't watch their "reviews" as reviews. (Much of the time they're smoking unobtainable cigars, anyway.) One just enjoys their comic rapport and absurd banter. That said, although they're personae, these loafers in luxuries, I get the feeling that Father Nick has been doing it long enough that he's halfway become the character he plays.

I didn't think any British people talked like that anymore (specifically the way the father speaks). They put on quite a good show albeit the way they speak gets a bit tiresome/annoying...it's how I imagine English people spoke in the turn of the century.

On 1/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, HarveyBoulevard said:

I was going to type something but he already said it.  I thoroughly enjoy watching them for what they are...entertainment.

Agreed.    Watch them with Kirby Allison or with the Sarhakians and they are different.  I take their channel as something they do not treat too seriously and not as a cigar review because, as stated before, they typically do not smoke cigars that are available.   Its entertainment to me and being that most of what we see now is negative or done in a virtually screaming, overhyped format I do enjoy their videos.    The dandy stuff certainly doesn't fit me but it is just something I regard as an individual affectation, nothing to bother myself about.   

This being a father and son  enjoying something together makes it more enjoyable to me.  

Everyone has an opinion, unfortunately it seems as though a negative opinion is more regarded and travels farther than a positive one, regardless of why.    

• Like 1