La Flor de Cano Espana Magicos

Anyone tried the La Flor de Cano Espana Magicos? See lots of reviews on the LGC Spain ER'S, but nothing much on the LFdC's.

Have a couple on the way and was curious what people have thought of them.

Are they short filler like their regular production, or long filler since its an ER?

Not that it matters to me as I have smoked plenty of short filler smokes and never noticed any difference with the long fillers.

Will be my first of the marca, so hoping I'm starting off with a winner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Long filler...
I also look at them, but I think it's still expensive.
Ok. I kinda thought all ER's and EL's were long fillers.

Yeah, kinda pricey like all ER'S and EL's, but got a really good deal on mine, so ut was worth giving them a shot

There aren't too many of them "in the wild" yet so to speak, since they were released just as Covid and resulting travel bans hit.

It is illegal for Spanish retailers to ship cigars, even within Spain.

I've had a couple, though it's been a while now, as far as I remember they're very nice. I have a hankering for one now this afternoon.

The Spanish version of LFDC is far more better than the LGC IMHO, very mellow and woody. I was lucky enough to get a handsome quantity when they are still cheap (€80) but not now.
Nice. Thanks for the opinion.
I haven't heard much good reviews on the LGC Spain ER's, but was able to pick up a few MDO4's for a very good price in a private sale, so finally getting to try my first of the marca, and the MDO4's seem to be very highly regarded

1 hour ago, CigarOgami said:

The Spanish version of LFDC is far more better than the LGC IMHO, very mellow and woody. I was lucky enough to get a handsome quantity when they are still cheap (€80) but not now.

I enjoyed both but agree that the magicos is the better cigar. There a couple other posts about both cigars somewhere on the forum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skypilot said:

I enjoyed both but agree that the magicos is the better cigar. There a couple other posts about both cigars somewhere on the forum. 

This has been my experience as well. That said, I just had one of the LGC the other day and I was surprised at how good it was. Better than the first one I sampled by a lot. 

The LGCs have really turned a corner in the last few months. They were definitely in a sick period but seem to be coming out of it as very tasty smokes.

Their price seems to be on the rise quickly, either due to scarcity, or as people realize they’ve become pretty good.

Re. LFDC magicos -- I'm already through most of a box. I think it's a 2019 code though a 2020 release. Very nice. Has a strong mixed nuts flavor, intensified on retrohale. Don't have enough experience with the LFDC profile to say whether the magicos capture it, but it's not quite like anything I've had before. 

Re. LGC D5 -- just had one of these, 2017 box. Also unique, and good. Cream and grapefruit, of all things. Not something I'd want everyday, but interesting.

The magicos flavor profile is something I'd reach for more often, but both are worth smoking. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:
Been nothing but impressed with the Magicos. I am not a fan of lighter blends but the Magicos is a great example of what can be done with them to please everyone. Makes me sad that cigars like this aren't regular production and in the LFDC lineup. Just under medium, lots of fruity and floral flavors, excellent construction and burn and every one of my box has tasted identical. One of the best daytime cigars I've had in a long time. I scored mine a solid 94 points and could definitely pick up a point or two with a few years.

Turned out that the LFdC's I got were the Paises Bajos instead, so still have to try the magicos.

Will finally be trying out 1 each of the 4 or 5 Er's I have scrounged up in private sales next month.
Very much looking forward to exploring this new area of cc's finally

Yeah, I agree it would be nice if LFDC had a few regular production lines as I always hear good things about their ER's and El's

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Turned out that the LFdC's I got were the Paises Bajos instead, so still have to try the magicos.

The two couldn't be more different. The Robustos are stronger but had no character. I let a few sit for a year and they're just starting to taste a little fruity but nothing like the Magicos. 

• 2 years later...

To be honest I was not impressed with them in 2020 and 2021. I only smoke one of these a year on my birthday. Last year I noticed a subtle change and you could tell visually that the cigar was changing. This year it is as if I am smoking a different cigar. Smooth and mellow, woody, floral and hint of nuts. It has finally matured to be an amazing cigar.  

20230927_214945.jpg.8759b9977a725d985b64a9500e6dca83.jpg.cb98144eb103071aca7f5c7e8a7d86ec.jpg

20230927_220329.jpg.4e2b9294e11ec5de05bfb54f6685a841.jpg.a42c06fb8dbcce525682314bd276f45b.jpg

lfdcm2020.png

lfdcm2022.png

lfdcm2023.png

• Like 1