Vintage Cigars

16 hours ago, KavalanWhisky said:
Amazing ash! Glad it was still tasty, always amazing for cigars of that age.

Yeah, I was very surprised at how flavorful it was after 74 years. I honestly expected it to be very mild and muted

12 hours ago, teamrandr said:
I have smoked quite a few.  It's not for everyone.   I personally enjoy the old smokes.  Garcia y Vegas have been some of the best to me.  Looks like you enjoyed your first vintage smoke!

I do also have a 1955 Garcia y Vega that I have been told age well also. Even ones that are duds, I will still enjoy just for the uniqueness of them and my curiosity about how Cigars age, since I have rarely even smoked a Cigar with even 5 to 10 years age or so

I have smoked quite a few.  It's not for everyone.   I personally enjoy the old smokes.  Garcia y Vegas have been some of the best to me.  Looks like you enjoyed your first vintage smoke!

Yeah, i happen to also be a big fan of history and collecting antiques, so even if one was a dud, I would still enjoy it.

This is what I have.
Any thoughts or suggestions on them since I'm brand new to this facet of Cigars?

1940 Don Pablo Havana
1945 Country Club Perfecto Clear Havana 1947 Bank Note Clear Havana
1947 La Proza King Clear Havana
1950 Tampa Needles Havana
1955 Garcia y Vega Queen Clear Havana Tampa 1960 Havana Stompen Havana Blend
1960 Troya Havana
1961 Romeo y Julieta Havana
1970 Partagas Petit Bouquet Havana

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

1955 Garcia & Vega Queen Clear Havana Tampa

A neat looking box pressed candela.
No issues with cracking while cutting or while smoking. Just the slightest bit squishy feeling when squeezing gently, so it seems properly humidified. Burn needed a small correction at the beginning but was perfect after that. Excellent draw and construction, no issues at all there.

Taste was again woody with some light musty-ness and something else I can't put my finger on. Finish was quite dry. Could have used a glass of water to sip with it.

Overall a great tasting Vintage cigar again.
Very much enjoyed the taste and the experience

e0b0a280efb276f205e9cf04d84c9e08.jpg

• Like 4

Next up yesterday was a 1960 Havana Stompen Havana Blend.

I mentioned that I was going to smoke this to the man who so generously gifted me all these, and he forewarned me that they were low quality Cigars when they were made, and he only keeps them around for nostalgia purposes, so not to expect much.

He was right. I won't say it tasted bad, but it certainly wasn't good.

A dirty, musty taste throughout, but great burn,draw and construction at least.
No aftertaste fortunately, which was good.

Will definitely be keeping the second one unsmoked for nostalgia as well.
1e2ef05fe3a33a9e0ca00796f1790928.jpg

• Haha 2