Regular production - your Top 5

Have managed to score 6-7 boxes of '16s-'18s monte 4s from 24:24 over the past year which have quickly become my staple. 

Love the one box of QD corona I've got, but only smoking them sparingly as I don't wanna run out / until I manage to get a few more boxes.

The 50 cab RASS that I have opened has been good to me. Down to around 12 sticks left and hoping to snag the next cab.

Media Luna and the QD50 round it out for me.

The list probably moves around quite a bit for me as I work through different boxes

• Like 3

Have managed to score 6-7 boxes of '16s-'18s monte 4s from 24:24 over the past year which have quickly become my staple. 
Love the one box of QD corona I've got, but only smoking them sparingly as I don't wanna run out / until I manage to get a few more boxes.
The 50 cab RASS that I have opened has been good to me. Down to around 12 sticks left and hoping to snag the next cab.
Media Luna and the QD50 round it out for me.
The list probably moves around quite a bit for me as I work through different boxes
I was hooked on the monte no.4's until I discovered the no.3. Now it is one of my staples and favorite Montecristos, which is my favorite marca

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tough to answer this question for me.  My top 5 cigars might change weekly if not daily.  If the question is "what 5 regular production cigars have I been reaching for most often in the last 2 weeks?":

Partagas E2, Juan Lopez #1, H Upmann No 2, Cohiba Esplendidos (permanently on my list), and Monte 2

If you ask again next month, it will probably be a different list (except for Espys of course).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Behike 54 ? LOL really ...

Can’t go wrong with ..

Rio seco
E2
Medio siglo
Vigia
P short, boli cj, rg perlas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, I don’t have the biggest experience. I bought a box of these like 5 years ago and I liked them. I have more to learn, haven’t tried RASS yet..

But as for now I prefer H Upmann and Partagas the most.

4 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Tough to answer this question for me.  My top 5 cigars might change weekly if not daily.  If the question is "what 5 regular production cigars have I been reaching for most often in the last 2 weeks?":

Partagas E2, Juan Lopez #1, H Upmann No 2, Cohiba Esplendidos (permanently on my list), and Monte 2

If you ask again next month, it will probably be a different list (except for Espys of course).

I need to try Esplendidos, but damn they are expensive. I’m always hyped when I smoke Cohibas and always get like ”meh, this is not worth the money”. E2 is beautiful, so good smoke 👌🏻

16 minutes ago, ithaca said:

I need to try Esplendidos, but damn they are expensive. I’m always hyped when I smoke Cohibas and always get like ”meh, this is not worth the money”. E2 is beautiful, so good smoke 👌🏻

You've got BHK 54 on your list and you think Espy is expensive?  Part of the issue of trying someone else's favorite is living up to whatever hype something gets.  For me, Espy was my game changer.  After 15-20 years of cheaper cigars, it was the one that made me think "wow, the bar just got raised, a lot."  You should definitely pick up at least a 3 pack to try (3 is about the same price as one BHK).  The regulars are probably tired of me touting Espys as often as I do, but as I've said in one way or another many times, it's the cigar I want...always.  I'm right there with you on E2, they are terrific cigars.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

You've got BHK 54 on your list and you think Espy is expensive?  Part of the issue of trying someone else's favorite is living up to whatever hype something gets.  For me, Espy was my game changer.  After 15-20 years of cheaper cigars, it was the one that made me think "wow, the bar just got raised, a lot."  You should definitely pick up at least a 3 pack to try (3 is about the same price as one BHK).  The regulars are probably tired of me touting Espys as often as I do, but as I've said in one way or another many times, it's the cigar I want...always.  I'm right there with you on E2, they are terrific cigars.

It's impossible to tout Espy's enough! 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I was hooked on the monte no.4's until I discovered the no.3. Now it is one of my staples and favorite Montecristos, which is my favorite marca

Love the 3 too, but cost wise a bit hard to justify for me over the 4. 

Probably why the original question is hard to answer for me, cause the factors of taste vs cost vs availability makes it hard to choose

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FrancisK7 said:

My problem when Espys show up on 24:24 is that I always think if I'm going to have a Churchill, I'd prefer a Sir Winston and for the price of one box of Espy I can get 1.5 box of Sir Winnies.

I'd have to get a 1/4 box first to see and try them for myself first. 

I’m with you on the price! I’ve only bought CP’s of espy’s, really the way to go with them if you want to have a few on hand but don’t want to sink the bank. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, Lrabold89 said:
Behike 54 ? LOL really ...

Can’t go wrong with ..

Rio seco
E2
Medio siglo
Vigia
P short, boli cj, rg perlas ?

Waiting for my first Medio Siglo's and Rio Seco's to rest and acclimate. Very excited to try them, especially the Rio Seco

On 5/18/2021 at 4:47 AM, ithaca said:
I need to try Esplendidos, but damn they are expensive. I’m always hyped when I smoke Cohibas and always get like ”meh, this is not worth the money”. E2 is beautiful, so good smoke

I just received my first Esplendidos, from 2012 no less, and can't wait to try it. It seems pretty universally loved, and should be even better with 9 years of age.

Just had an excellent 2019 E2 the other day. They are great. I always seem to forget about them when it comes time for my monthly order

11 hours ago, Meklown said:
Love the 3 too, but cost wise a bit hard to justify for me over the 4. 
Probably why the original question is hard to answer for me, cause the factors of taste vs cost vs availability makes it hard to choose

Yeah, the no.3's are a couple bucks more for an extra inch, but I still consider them a good deal and am willing to pay the little extra for a longer smoke time.
Still have lots of no.4's though, and still buy them fairly frequently when money is tighter.

7 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
I’m with you on the price! I’ve only bought CP’s of espy’s, really the way to go with them if you want to have a few on hand but don’t want to sink the bank. 

I was fortunate on the price of my first Esplendidos as I bought it in a private sale on another forum and he was offering below market price for everything I bought.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

I was gonna be very upset if you didn’t include the rio seco and the rio seco squad would’ve had to break up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will finally be trying my first Rio Seco fairly soon. Have been wanting to try one for quite a while but couldn't find them as singles anywhere.
Fortunately was able to score one in a private sale on another forum, and for a good price.

16 hours ago, Raskol said:
Cohiba Medio Siglo
H. Upmann Magnum 54
HDM Epi No. 1
Trinidad Vigia
Partagas Serie E2

How does the taste of the Medio Siglo compare to the rest of the Siglo line?

Am considering picking up a few to try with my next order

On 5/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

Coloniales

Epicure 1

Monte 2

QdO Coronas Claros

Bpc 

You talked me into going for some recent Coloniales.  I'm damn glad you did.  They kick ass.  

• Like 2

I no particular order and usually my go to top 5 available regular production (although I am getting priced out of most of these)  regardless of age

Upmann SW

Party 898

BBF

Trinidad Fundy

CoLa

• Like 2

You talked me into going for some recent Coloniales.  I'm damn glad you did.  They kick ass.  
Yes, I have fallen in love with 2019 and 2020 Coloniales that I have had.
Enough that I keep more than my usual amount on hand.

8 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Will finally be trying my first Rio Seco fairly soon. Have been wanting to try one for quite a while but couldn't find them as singles anywhere.
Fortunately was able to score one in a private sale on another forum, and for a good price.

How does the taste of the Medio Siglo compare to the rest of the Siglo line?

Am considering picking up a few to try with my next order

I'm not very good in describing flavors. I find them to be fuller in flavors & strength (above med). Preference to have them with a year or two before smoking. I find them a lil harsh or strong when young. For me, it's a very good cigar. Can be great with age.

In my opinion, flavors are most similar to Siglo IV if you want to compare with the siglo line.