The thick and the thin of it

2 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Great stuff, reminds me of the 3 lonely RA Ramonitas and sad half box of Bolivar Demi Tasse I've left. I don't want to finish them and only have memories

The Habanos life is bittersweet, is it not?

Demi Tasse (aka the infamous "Demi Tassy") :( El Rey  Del Mundo is more like "The King of the Under-World" now.

Thanks for the reviews. I’ve smoked about 6-7 boxes of the Robustos. I honestly believe that the PL Robustos were much better 10 years ago. I feel the same about the Lonsdales from 06. Lonsdales have barely any strength left to them, and the Robustos seem to have lost much of those full, lush sweet flavors. All palates are different, so just my take of course. 

20 hours ago, Sandman said:

Thanks for the reviews. I’ve smoked about 6-7 boxes of the Robustos. I honestly believe that the PL Robustos were much better 10 years ago. I feel the same about the Lonsdales from 06. Lonsdales have barely any strength left to them, and the Robustos seem to have lost much of those full, lush sweet flavors. All palates are different, so just my take of course. 

Fascinating contrast. As a matter of fact I just dredged up my Lonsdales. I'm going to have to give them a taste this week. It has been several years since my last sampling. The Robustos never really hit for me. In fact, they seemed to have changed little from the start. Habanos are such a mystery!

Oh, I'm guessing most folks will have missed my reference to an El Rey del Mundo "De Mi Tassy."

Here is Rob's/Punch Joe's post on one of the funniest typos I've seen. I still chuckle at it. Typos in the Cigar Business

Enjoy!

13 hours ago, Ginseng said:

Fascinating contrast. As a matter of fact I just dredged up my Lonsdales. I'm going to have to give them a taste this week. It has been several years since my last sampling. The Robustos never really hit for me. In fact, they seemed to have changed little from the start. Habanos are such a mystery!

I’d be quite interested to hear your take on the Lonsdales. Nice flavors, and that caramel like sweetness, but no strength at all. I smoke 1-3 cigars a day, so maybe my palate just desires more strength in a cigar. Let us know!

• Like 1