1 hour ago, Viva Vegas said:

What LCDH has the best prices next to buying in Cuba? The LCDH in Tijuana Mexico is about 2 1\2 times what you would pay in Cuba.

This is all about taxes and whether a country allows a market price on cigars 

• Like 1

^^ This

Mexico has extremely high tobacco duties, as does Canada and the UK. Any store, including LCDHs, will have correspondingly high prices. Germany is one country that prohibits retailers from marking tobacco prices up, so B & Ms there will have prices very close to worldwide lows. I believe this may also be the case for Italy. Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Hong Kong also have low duties and relatively low prices at B & Ms. 

4 hours ago, Midas said:

COVID permitting I’ll be visiting Rome in September, was doing some research yesterday, this is the full list of prices from the LCDH in Rome, presume it’s the same all over Italy if the prices are set by the Government.

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/8fe6e7c3/files/uploaded/diadema%20listino%20prezzi%20giugno%202020.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices in Euro?

6 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

^^ This

Mexico has extremely high tobacco duties, as does Canada and the UK. Any store, including LCDHs, will have correspondingly high prices. Germany is one country that prohibits retailers from marking tobacco prices up, so B & Ms there will have prices very close to worldwide lows. I believe this may also be the case for Italy. Spain and Hong Kong also have low duties and relatively low prices at B & Ms. 

With the willingness and ability to pay combined with insatiable demand, Hong Kong has probably the highest prices in the world at B&Ms.

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

^^ This

Mexico has extremely high tobacco duties, as does Canada and the UK. Any store, including LCDHs, will have correspondingly high prices. Germany is one country that prohibits retailers from marking tobacco prices up, so B & Ms there will have prices very close to worldwide lows. I believe this may also be the case for Italy. Spain and Hong Kong also have low duties and relatively low prices at B & Ms. 

I assumed HK prices were significantly higher than other markets based on the prices referenced by halfwheel for new release like the PL Galanes: https://halfwheel.com/por-larranaga-galanes-released/391890/

4 hours ago, Edicion said:

With the willingness and ability to pay combined with insatiable demand, Hong Kong has probably the highest prices in the world at B&Ms.

You're correct--HK is an exception with low duties but high prices at B & Ms. You can find lower prices for export, and of course many online vendors are based in HK.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Viva Vegas said:

What LCDH has the best prices next to buying in Cuba? The LCDH in Tijuana Mexico is about 2 1\2 times what you would pay in Cuba.

LCDH Beirut Duty Free 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Monterey said:

Andorra is the answer.

I heard they now have very limited supplies as the secret got out and everyone went to buy!

Slightly left field but LCDH Maastrict in Netherlands seems to have competitive prices.

France also controls the price country wide but the prices aren't super cheap.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

You're correct--HK is an exception with low duties but high prices at B & Ms. You can find lower prices for export, and of course many online vendors are based in HK.

They are, luckily we have our friendliest friendly Aussies to supply us here.

Forgot to mention that real estate and shop rents is another factor in Hong Kong too.

• Like 1

HK has low or almost zero import tax but very high tobacco import tax, around US$320/kg, similar to UK. Even if an importer has a local bond warehouse, the huge demand in China can easily absorb all their stocks if the price is “reasonable”. But why would these merchants give up their profits if they can sell at higher price ?
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KavalanWhisky said:

I heard they now have very limited supplies as the secret got out and everyone went to buy!

Slightly left field but LCDH Maastrict in Netherlands seems to have competitive prices.

France also controls the price country wide but the prices aren't super cheap.

I would very much doubt that.  But can only guess.  It isn't like an internet site we can just click on.  This "country" has no airport.  Getting to it is a challenge.  It doesn't make financial sense for most of us to go because you can only bring back so many before you are taxed in your home country.   But you could be right, it has been a very long time since I've been there.  The only LCDH's that I'm aware were cleaned out was Cuba's.  Us Americans flew down and were able to bring back 10+ boxes basically tax free.  We really did a number on their overall supply.  But that is over, for now.

3 hours ago, Monterey said:

I would very much doubt that.  But can only guess.  It isn't like an internet site we can just click on.  This "country" has no airport.  Getting to it is a challenge.  It doesn't make financial sense for most of us to go because you can only bring back so many before you are taxed in your home country.   But you could be right, it has been a very long time since I've been there.  The only LCDH's that I'm aware were cleaned out was Cuba's.  Us Americans flew down and were able to bring back 10+ boxes basically tax free.  We really did a number on their overall supply.  But that is over, for now.

I'm on a UK forum and compared to their prices it was an easy trip over to spain and then drive up.  Car rental companies were wise to this and stopped people going across the border it got that bad.

This is only quoting from the UK forum but they have said there isn't much point going any more as there isn't much stock but this could have changed due to covid and not many people being able to visit at all.

9 hours ago, KavalanWhisky said:

I'm on a UK forum and compared to their prices it was an easy trip over to spain and then drive up.  Car rental companies were wise to this and stopped people going across the border it got that bad.

This is only quoting from the UK forum but they have said there isn't much point going any more as there isn't much stock but this could have changed due to covid and not many people being able to visit at all.

So to "save" money, they fly from the UK, rent a car and buy a few boxes of cigars,probably 2 before you have to pay full taxes when they return to the U.K.   Must be a real cheap flight for the math to all work out.  

7 hours ago, Monterey said:
So to "save" money, they fly from the UK, rent a car and buy a few boxes of cigars,probably 2 before you have to pay full taxes when they return to the U.K.   Must be a real cheap flight for the math to all work out.  

You end up with a free holiday essentially. You’d also be very unlucky to get stopped coming back from the EU before Brexit but that’s a different story.