Tobacco growing and cigar making on La Palma, Canary Islands

Thanks for the link - very interesting !

You are right, the Canary accent is quite similar to the Pinareño accent, don't forget that most immigration in Pinar del Rio was from the Canary islands ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had some great wines from the Canary Islands.  Both the red and white are unique.  White has slight oxidized style.   Been meaning to open one of the whites some time soon.

*Anybody remember Condal cigars from yesteryear?  Those were Canary Island cigars. Then, for some reason the Canary Islands seem to cease production of cigars anymore. This will be a welcome comeback. Although not dazzed by their sticks I WILL be buying and sampling some when and should they make a comeback :cigar:

• Like 1

Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

23 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

How were they?

The CR's I remember stunk of perfume. I think I stuck them in Tubo's and tucked them away. I'll dig them out tonight.

The box were inoffensive although I did find a strip of blue plastic hanging out the end of one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeyGunz said:

The CR's I remember stunk of perfume. I think I stuck them in Tubo's and tucked them away. I'll dig them out tonight.

The box were inoffensive although I did find a strip of blue plastic hanging out the end of one.

Be interesting to see how you find them, I guess maybe there's a reason why sales were tourist only?