Anyone going to Mexico For an RA "Taco" Today

2 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

Today?  Given Habanos announcement to release schedule, 2023 is a more likely scenario.

They don't announce most ERs ahead of time anymore. These are all supposed to be 2020 ERs so already 6 months late. Considering there were only 2 2019 ERs, I think they should be able to get these out. They were first leaked in Feb 20, so that timeframe makes sense. This is an actual launch announcement from a publication, so I would expect these to be in most stores this week or next. If I see them in the LCDH today I'll report back but I doubt it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

They don't announce most ERs ahead of time anymore. These are all supposed to be 2020 ERs so already 6 months late. Considering there were only 2 2019 ERs, I think they should be able to get these out. They were first leaked in Feb 20, so that timeframe makes sense. This is an actual launch announcement from a publication, so I would expect these to be in most stores this week or next. If I see them in the LCDH today I'll report back but I doubt it.

Please do!  At the announced price that is not too bad. 

Moisés has not sent his customary email informing these are in stock yet. I will check on the weekend

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Looked for this in Cancun/Playa Del Carmen LCDH's this week and they had nothing. But they had some RA 2011 Limitadas so that was a score in my book.

17 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Update from Tijuana is by the end of the month ETA 

Moises told me the same last weekend when I was there. Looks like the PV LCDH got them first. I've got boxes 69 and 70.

Another legit Tacos! Ironic it's from Mexico 🤣

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, loose_axle said:

I wish they'd continued with the Edmundo Dantes, that was really iconic and special for them... 

Indeed, it's a great brand. And La Escepcion. They did well on both. Makes you wonder where the leaf came from and if it's still available. Would love to see more from both. 

• Like 1

I haven't tried one yet, as I'm allowing mine to rest a bit longer.  I was lucky enough to snatch up a few boxes in July at the LCDH in Tijuana. The manager told me his store only received 1 case and he wasn't expecting any more.  Due to the short supply, he was not selling any singles in the store. 

They’re great. I’ve worked through most of a box. I’m not usually a RA fan but these are special. Most recent boxes I’ve seen are numbered in the 6xx/7xx of 6,000 so they’ll be around for awhile. 

On 9/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, loose_axle said:

I wish they'd continued with the Edmundo Dantes, that was really iconic and special for them... 

True, but I’d surmise the retail would be much higher than $225/box for the RAs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Singles are finally out at Tijuana so I'll probably partake this week. $30 each there. 

If these are good 6,000 boxes won't last long. I can tell you that at least 1,500 boxes have already gone directly to Asian buyers with more to follow. 

First sample today:

PXL-20210924-005049840-16.jpg

Won't do a full review but these are very good. Reminds me very much of the 09 Celestiales Finos when young, but just a touch stronger. Might have the potential to exceed the CF in 5-7 years. The last CF I had in 2017 was a solid 95. These might get above that. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

First sample today:

on't do a full review but these are very good. Reminds me very much of the 09 Celestiales Finos when young, but just a touch stronger. Might have the potential to exceed the CF in 5-7 years. The last CF I had in 2017 was a solid 95. These might get above that. 

Sigh. Now I have to hunt these down. Big fan of the RACF.

• Like 1