Padron Londres Natural

RichG

I just received a shipment of these box pressed coronas in the mail this afternoon. With taxes and shipping in the US these ended up being around $6/per in a box of 26.

Smoked my first one this afternoon and I found it to have simple deep, earthy, cocoa characteristics with subtle notes of sweetness. 

It was very simple and enjoyable and presented with a perfect draw and razor sharp burn, as would be expected from Padron. 

First impression is that these may end up in my rotation as a cost effective and simple go to.

Has anyone else tried these, and if so, what were your opinions? I am presuming these are same/similar blend as balance of the X000 series?

• Like 3

I've never tried one of those but I'll look for a couple to try on my next stop into a B&M. Funny that petit coronas are my staple in CC's but I rarely smoke NC's of that size.

Smoked my first one this afternoon and I found it to have simple deep, earthy, cocoa characteristics with subtle notes of sweetness.   

This is my favorite Padrón. It has an ideal size for me, and when comparing with several of the other vitola in both wrappers I keep finding the Londres natural to be best. I've also tried a few of the 1964 vitola, but find those further towards full end of the spectrum. The only contender I found is the 1964 exclusivo natural but a combination of price and larger RG tips the scale towards londres for me.

The flavors you describe are accurate to what I find. Some of them offer a bit more pungency (spice/pepper) than others but not by much. So all in all, I will be buying a few more once the eu retailers see new stock.

• 10 months later...

I'm a big fan of the Padron Palmas. Same ring gauge just a little longer. I get the same flavor as you. I use to be able to get a box of 26 for $119 shipped. Miss those days.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk