H. Upmann Half Corona - ART JUN 20 (MM&SRW)

Approaching the 1yr mark -- a performance evaluation.

Another warm day out, so in between meetings figured I'd head out back and get some sun in (aka my white ass needs to get a bit more tan 😅 ) It's gonna be a miserable holiday weekend by me, supposed to be rainy and cold 😐. Paired with a glass of water. 9 times out of 10, I pair my sticks with flat or sparkling water.

Draw and construction are spot on. Upon first light, I get a faint sweetness, can't really put my finger on what it is. Just generic sweetness. It's accompanied with a heavy salted walnut note. Smoke is creamy and thick in the mouth. The finish mellows out into a woody flavor.

About half way in, the sweetness begins to fade on the draw and the finish is accompanied with some spice. A welcome change in my eyes. Some draws I get a strong umami flavor as well, which is also certainly welcome in my book. Medium bodied. The cigar shows it's youth and I get a bit of strength from it as well. Nothing crazy, but it's letting me know it's there.

Overall, these are great little smokes and are a good representation of where Habanos outshines the new world brands: Corona-styled vitolas.

8.75/10

IMG_20210527_133409.jpg

IMG_20210527_132330.jpg

IMG_20210527_132903.jpg

IMG_20210527_133139.jpg

IMG_20210527_133426.jpg

• Like 3

Definitely tasty smokes, but they are just over with too fast for me. Would be nice if thers was a full size Corona with the same Blend...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just now, smbauerllc said:

Definitely tasty smokes, but they are just over with too fast for me. Would be nice if thers was a full size Corona with the same Blend...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Completely agree. I may be in the minority, but i'd take these over a Magnum 56 taste wise.