Premium CC brands

Dear FOHers I am curious on what CC brands are you consider as premium brand in the terms of universal premium brand definition?

"Premium brand is the ones that give you the best features at the best value. They operate with a close to one ratio of functionality and price. So since they are providing the best features and quality, consumers pay them high price for that. They feel it’s worth it."

IMHO this is Partagas with close second JLP.

When I think premium brands I think Cohiba and Trinidad. There are also premium sticks such as SW, Lusi, etc. When I think premium, I don’t equate it to value at all as you’re often above the value ratio (over paying).

When I think value, I think a premium experience without the premium price. Value does not mean the cheapest to me. Most of my purchases in anything are value based. I don’t often pay 50% more for only 10% gain. 

• Like 4

I consider myself a Partagas guy, for what that’s worth...

6 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The JLP marketing department will be thrilled to hear this!

IMHO JLP have as a brand a perfect balance berween price and value of the goods so according to universal premium brand definition they fit perfectly.

I'm not trying to discuss premium brand in term of quality alone. I'm just want to compare price/value/quality of different brands and to see FOH members opinion on this subject.

6 hours ago, ltte said:

IMHO JLP have as a brand a perfect balance berween price and value of the goods so according to universal premium brand definition they fit perfectly.

I'm not trying to discuss premium brand in term of quality alone. I'm just want to compare price/value/quality of different brands and to see FOH members opinion on this subject.

I think premium brands are those that have higher quality than general and the value only figures in in terms of is the extra quality worth the extra cost, if so they are truly premium and not simply overpriced or overhyped.

I don't think in any sense of the term premium can you can think of a value brand like JLP and think they are premium because of how good of a value they are. In my thinking value in that case distinguishes a value brand from a budget brand or something like that.

• Like 3

I am not sure I understand your question but if you are asking about best value for the price. My vote would be Juan Lopez. Consistently good cigars that are priced affordably. 

I'm using the "universal" definition that was provided here.  This is a tough question if you're asking about an entire Marca.  If we're trying to describe the Marca that has the best quality to price ratio (currently) throughout their entire catalogue and not just examples here and there, I'd probably say H Upmann.  If I were to use my own definition of premium which would be "which Marca contains the cigars I'd pay a premium price for; based on my opinion of their quality?", it's Cohiba for me.