Fake Lancero

Wailbait

Here’s a new one (at least for me).  I was trading with a buddy some odds and ends in our various singles drawers.  He gave me this Cohiba Lancero.  Totally seemed fake to me.  Neither here nor there (was only one cigar and everything else was small stuff).

My question is- have you guys seen fake Lanceros?  Seems like a tough size to roll and has less overall interest than CoRo and Esplendidos.

8A496089-5C6A-457C-B41B-6A3DB9CCD87A.jpeg

0C0300FA-976B-44BD-ADD9-C760EEF1FAF7.jpeg

09133A56-4A1B-481D-83BD-FFEAFAE32352.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Hold on to it for a bit.  Next time we meet up I will bring you one for comparison...

In!!

On 6/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, Edicion said:

Did you smoke it in the end? From the photos it looks pretty good

I haven’t actually.  But YES!  That was actually my first thought!  Well - first thought was “never seen a fake Lancero”.  Second thought was “doesn’t look half bad.”

• Haha 1

As mentioned above, counterfeit band.

• Like 1

It's amazing to me that they can put that much work into faking the hologram but screw up the head location like that.

• Like 1

I wonder if someone does that on purpose so they themselves do not get fooled in the future.

Anyone remember that gold coin? ( I forget the name) Older coin that started surfacing in huge amounts ( and for big $$$ ) but it was discovered later they were counterfeits because they had left a micro mark on the face of the coin. Presumably so the counterfeiters could spot the fakes. 

It would be a shame to get taken sometime in the future by your own ruse would it not?

This one.

image.jpeg.6204e25f4aece014f72dbaa5e95f9f02.jpeg

• Like 1

Speaking of signatures, has anyone noticed if the Vrijdag logo is on the glued overlap of counterfeit Cohiba or other bands?  I know it's not a tough print job but I'm curious if the fakers go that far.

10 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Speaking of signatures, has anyone noticed if the Vrijdag logo is on the glued overlap of counterfeit Cohiba or other bands?  I know it's not a tough print job but I'm curious if the fakers go that far.

Fakers can get real bands if they want and cheaper to do that than print fake bands that are anywhere near good enough.

The fact that that they use horrible bands is due to the fact that they can still easily offload them to unaware buyers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 1:05 PM, Chibearsv said:

I've seen counterfeit bands that have copied the Vrijdag logo first-hand.  They even re-produced the Alpha-numeric UV number (CHBxxxx) and the squares that show up under blacklight.  I sent the band to Henk Nota, managing director for Vrijdag Premium Printing, who told me himself that the band was a fake.  The only thing I haven't seen copied (yet) is the micro-printed text in the holographic logos that was talked about in this forum last Fall.  

• Thanks 3

• 4 months later...