Would a Cohiba Lancero Maduro be a winner for HSA


Cohiba Lancero Maduro  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

this is a hypothetical follow up to 99call's thread on skinnies. :D

 

Some would consider the concept of a Cohiba lancero Maduro to be a crime against humanity. 

Others would see it as a sought after line extension. 

 

Where does the cigar community really sit  :cigar:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Genios...I like Lanceros...combine both? Why not! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that Maduro 5’s are my favorite Cohibas (any of them) and that the La Escepcion Selectos Finos was my favorite ever cigar, l (for one) would be very, very excited to taste a Cohiba lancero maduro.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally the only Cohiba's I've really enjoyed are cigars with a bit of grunt like the Medio Siglo, and the Piramides Extra.    So maybe a Maduro Lancero may have a bit more intensity and interest?...........that said.......I still voted no..... Ha!

I'm not sure how the second part of the poll works, isn't it a bit like saying would you like 40yr old Macallan if it was £30 a bottle. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 99call said:

 

I'm not sure how the second part of the poll works, isn't it a bit like saying would you like 40yr old Macallan if it was £30 a bottle. 

It is an effort to focus on flavour and not price.

You could substiture with Trinidad Fundadores Maduro or Montecristo Especial (1 &2) maduro :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

It is an effort to focus on flavour and not price.

You could substiture with Trinidad Fundadores Maduro or Montecristo Especial (1 &2) maduro :D

irrespective of my pernickety nonsense,  I still think you've got a winner on your hands :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would see it as a possibe beachhead for the slow reintroduction of selected skinnies in dual formats.  ERDM/SLR come to mind as ready made beneficiaries. 

I think you have to start with a guaranteed market winner.....and then move on from there.  The bean counters appear to have little appetite for risk. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting, the "No's" on interest have taken an early lead.  I think it's a horse that is going to fade shortly, with "yes" maybe to romp it home

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

You could substiture with Trinidad Fundadores Maduro or Montecristo Especial (1 &2) maduro :D

I wouldn't be particularly interested in any of the three. I still voted Yes on the sales success question though. 

HSA could wrap dog Sh*t in Cohiba bands and it would sell out at $15 a stick. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how much more demand there is for another Cohiba Maduro no matter the size. Then again, I suppose the demand for Cohiba is inexhaustible...what do I know. I guess anything they do will be fine. 

My opinion is that it seems there's a little gap betweent he Secretos and the others. A Hermosos No. 3 or No. 2 might fit. Or they could go above the Genios and do a Maravillas No. 3 or O'Reilly or something. 

5 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

ERDM/SLR come to mind as ready made beneficiaries.

I think the LCDH line would be a perfect format for the reintroduction of long skinnies. They've been nibbling at the edges with it--Corona Gordas had been on the outs for years until the RAS, which I think has been very successful. They were able to get in a Hoyo Tacos with the line and a Hermosos No. 3 in Punch. It allows them to limit or increase production as needed and ultimately cut it if it doesn't work without looking foolish. 

A ERDM/SLR/QdO/LFDC/LGC LCDH Delicados, Laguito No. 1 or Laguito Especial would do very, very well I think. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy_jack said:

Why aren’t more proper Churchill offered? What is there now…Cohiba and RyJ?

They've been systematically cutting Julieta 2s for 20 years. Clearly they have an agenda. It's hard to cut the last 3 as they are the most famous and two are their brand's flagship cigars. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who enjoys the Secretos, I can see it.  The reality though....It seems like HSA has been holding back production on boxes of the 3 current vitolas in the Maduro 5 line as it is, I can't see another vitola (particularly one that uses such a large wrapper) able to be supported.  I've barely seen any Cohiba Maduro hit the sites since Corona started, save for the Tabacalera 10 count Secretos that sold here in April, as well as the random drop of Genios.  Virtually NO 10-count boxes from the Magicos, Genios, or Piramides Extra either.  Regular CoLa has been so much of a rarity that pretty much any box that comes to a vendor is already snatched up n spoken for before the vendor even has a chance to list it as in stock on their sites.  I would love to see either a Laguito no 2 Maduro, or something in the Exquisitos size.  I bet a 33 ring gauge Cohiba Maduro would be a damn flavorbomb!

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that voting was trending as I voted. There would be interest but not from me. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cigar Salute said:

As someone who enjoys the Secretos, I can see it.  The reality though....It seems like HSA has been holding back production on boxes of the 3 current vitolas in the Maduro 5 line as it is, I can't see another vitola (particularly one that uses such a large wrapper) able to be supported.  I've barely seen any Cohiba Maduro hit the sites since Corona started, save for the Tabacalera 10 count Secretos that sold here in April, as well as the random drop of Genios.  Virtually NO 10-count boxes from the Magicos, Genios, or Piramides Extra either.  Regular CoLa has been so much of a rarity that pretty much any box that comes to a vendor is already snatched up n spoken for before the vendor even has a chance to list it as in stock on their sites.  I would love to see either a Laguito no 2 Maduro, or something in the Exquisitos size.  I bet a 33 ring gauge Cohiba Maduro would be a damn flavorbomb!

 

I started in on those Secretos from April, and they are damn fine. A true joy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the Maduro, I enjoyed the Genios and disliked the Magicos and Secretos. I don't search them out at all. I've always felt this line was the Cohiba you settled for if you couldn't grab the ones you really wanted. 😋. However a Maduro one would pique my interest.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever  comes out as Cohiba is a winner  but if the Maduro wrapper will be same as  Genios/Magicos they will be unsmokable imho

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a Cohiba Maduro Lancero be a success for HSA ? You bet.

Would I smoke it ? No.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.