Would a Cohiba Lancero Maduro be a winner for HSA

Cohiba Lancero Maduro  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Edicion said:

Don't think I've seen any small RG Maduros and would almost prefer Partagas to come out with one 

Me too, but only bc it would be half the price of the Cohiba and indistinguishable from an enjoyment perspective. 

• Like 1

It's interesting that the majority here say it would be a hit but it's not for me?  Just a general assumption that CC buyers will just buy Cohiba no matter what?  I voted "no interest for me" and based on that thought, it won't be a marketing winner.  But I'm sure you all understand the CC marketplace and marketing much better than I care to.

Gross. Not my cup of tea. The only thing less Cuban tasting than Cohiba Maduro is the Partagas Maduro. Both have the same weird aftertaste you get from a steamed wrapper and a pretty generic-tasting blend. But they’d probably sell. Anything Cohiba sells. Cohiba chewing tobacco would sell.

• Like 1

I like lighter cohiba wrappers over the darkies.

i certainly don't have interest in a cohiba lancero maduro...

especially assuming for every one lancero maduro they roll that is one less standard lancero...and that would be a net negative (for me). I'm sure it would be a major positive to HSA though. Everything Cohiba is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

It's interesting that the majority here say it would be a hit but it's not for me?  Just a general assumption that CC buyers will just buy Cohiba no matter what?  I voted "no interest for me" and based on that thought, it won't be a marketing winner.  But I'm sure you all understand the CC marketplace and marketing much better than I care to.

Can’t remember the last Cohiba market failure.  Even if it’s mediocre (IMO) they sell out at 2-3 times the price of other marcas with similar offerings.  Most guys will not see the cost value, but there will be enough guys that will to buy them out.  I’ll just keep chasing all the Fundies, Lusi, and SW I can find and spectate if this hypothetical came to pass, much like I already do with Espy and Sig VI.  

• Like 1

To me maduro brings about a bit more all round. A bit more spice, a bit more chocolate. I dont necesarily like maduro wrapper, but i don't think it'll suit what the lancero in my mind is supposed to be. Elegenace. I do not think a maduro in any format can be elegant. You dont pick up a Genios or Maduro No 1 for a nice and relaxing afternoon. You pick em up for a good flavour kick ready to do many many debaucherous things in the evening.

• Haha 1