San Cristobal suggestions

El Principe is a great small smoke.
La Fuerza is great and one of my favorites
La Puntas are also very good

Really can't go wrong with anything in the marca for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

El Principe tastes and smells the best out of their core range, but it is too small for me.  La Punta is just a boring smoke IMHO.  So the one I reach for most often is the La Fuerza, but if you like smaller size cigar I suggest going for El Principe instead.

• Thanks 2

Can't go wrong! Apparently the 2020 production is stellar. I have a 2020 box of La Punta's, but they need more rest (I've had em for 45 days since delivery) before that gut punch of flavor emerges. Just been light custard and some twang so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ginseng said:

La Fuerza is my favorite of the line. Accessible, rich, and classic easy  format.

+1 here

• Like 1

Buy the Principe or La Fuerza, stuff them deep into the humidor and forget about them for 5-10 years.  They can be amazing smokes with the necessary age.  The word blossom comes to mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

El Principe is a flavor bomb. Dark fudge brownie, chocolate. The larger formats seem extremely over priced in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

El Principe is one of the best CCs produced IMO. It's a very special cigar. I'm never without them and I never get bored with them. 

La Fuerza is very good and recent production has been solid. La Punta seems like the lightest of the lineup and I don't really smoke them. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 3:20 AM, asmazda said:
El Principe tastes and smells the best out of their core range, but it is too small for me.  La Punta is just a boring smoke IMHO.  So the one I reach for most often is the La Fuerza, but if you like smaller size cigar I suggest going for El Principe instead.

I agree that the El Principe is excellent. Just too small for my liking, but I still order a few on occasion for some more variety and they are tasty.

I like the La Puntas, but to be fair have only had a handful. Difficult to find as singles.

The La Fuerza is definitely the best I have had from the marca by far. One of the few smokes I stock more than a few of at any given time.

Great smoke in every regard and very reasonably priced for what you're getting

On 6/9/2021 at 5:33 AM, Kaptain Karl said:
Can't go wrong! Apparently the 2020 production is stellar. I have a 2020 box of La Punta's, but they need more rest (I've had em for 45 days since delivery) before that gut punch of flavor emerges. Just been light custard and some twang so far. 

All the ScdlH's I have gotten for the last year have all been 2019 and 2020, and I agree they have been stellar.

Seems that the last few years that cuba has really been on the ball as everything I have had in any marca of recent production has been excellent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Bad: Any of those original LCDH specials...Oficios, Murallas, Mercaderes. Avoid them. The fact that they're all aged now means nothing. The stink can never be aged out of those turds. Rodolfos, disgusting. 

The Good: Regular line is fine. Kind of generic, but you won't have many complaints from the Fuerza, Punta, or Principe. Solid. 

The Better: Old El Morros. Those are aging very well. Really came out of nowhere and have been showing great maturity for the last few years. While everyone else is smoking Lusies and HDM DC's, light up an El Morro if you can find them. 

The Best: Right now, the only thing truly special coming from SCDLH is the Cabañas. That's the one made just for Cuba. Luckily, they were largely bought up by vendors around the world so you can get them without having to go to Havana. But it'll cost you. 

Prado and 20th are boring. You'll be asking yourself why you spent the extra money. 

I'm sure the 500th Anni humidor cigars are special too, but I never had one. Maybe somebody on this forum has. Is it even out yet? 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2