Montecristo Joyitas

Was looking for something cheap, but in a marca I like a lot, just to fill out my order, and am curious about these.

Montecristo is my favorite marca, and nothing I have had has ever let me down.

They are quite short and skinny, which I usually shy away from, as the skinny smokes seem to be more likely to have a tight draw in my limited experience.

Anyone have any options on these?

They are pretty cheap, so I wouldn't cry is I had to toss one, but obviously prefer not to need to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As always price is key. I think you can get them on sale for $99 a box. Not too bad. Other times they'll be closer to $200. At that price I'd rather get a box of Monte 4 and a box of Monte puritos.

• Like 1

I'd go with the Monte Puritos over the Joyitas on cost alone.  They always make a great chaser or cold weather smoke.  Sizes are very similar too.  Unless you want hand made over machine, stick with Joyitas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

I'd go with the Monte Puritos over the Joyitas on cost alone.

The Puritos are surprisingly good--be sure and try some of them if you have not done so.

• Like 1

I can recommend the Montecristo shorts. They are pretty true to their marca i think and small short smoke.

Other than that the media coronas are good bang for buck i reckon.

Joyitas can be pure joy. Yes, shorter and skinny but when you get a good one it's good! Worth the gamble.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:33 AM, Puros Y Vino said:
I'd go with the Monte Puritos over the Joyitas on cost alone.  They always make a great chaser or cold weather smoke.  Sizes are very similar too.  Unless you want hand made over machine, stick with Joyitas. 

I actually just polished off a couple boxes of the puritos recently, and for the price, they were a great, short, after meal smoke.

I couldn't personally care less about machine made vs. Hand made and short/mixed filler vs. Long filler. Have never noticed any differences personally.

Yeah, the joyitas are significantly more money than the Puritos, for a pretty smilar size, which is really why I am asking about them.

For the price difference, the joyitas would have to be significantly better than the Puritos

21 hours ago, Ginseng said:
I'm a big fan of the Monte Joyitas. They're a special little cigar. Recommended!
Once you fire it up, you won't want to put it out.

Do you honestly feel they are worth as much for a single as a 5 pack of Puritos?

18 hours ago, LordAnubis said:
I can recommend the Montecristo shorts. They are pretty true to their marca i think and small short smoke.
Other than that the media coronas are good bang for buck i reckon.

I have enjoyed the Media Coronas I have had, but personally can't justify the price for a small smoke, especially since they are very good, but are over with too quickly and leave me craving more.

Same as the HUHC's.

I don't mind the machine mades being small and an even quicker smoke, as they are significantly cheaper

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

Do you honestly feel they are worth as much for a single as a 5 pack of Puritos?

Do you mean whether I think one Joyita is worth five Puritos? They are different things entirely. It's not as if you're comparing the Cohiba Robustos against the Bolivar Royal Coronas. There one might reasonably wonder whether one robusto is worth 2-3x another robusto. 

If I want to smoke a Joyitas, I do. If I want to puff a club or mini, I do. It's fair to say that I consider both to be reasonable values for what they are in each of their respective categories.

I understand that the question you're actually wrestling with is whether the experience of Joyitas is going to be worth $5 to you