Any such thing as a battery powered fan for a Coolerdor?

OregonDuck

I have spent way too much time researching and the answer is apparently “no” except for the  Xikar which is so small it’s worthless. I have found some perfect RV fridge fans but they are wired and run 24/7. If only I had the skill to connect one to a timer that would run it for a few minutes per hour. I am amazed that there isn’t anything on the market.

Has anyone here built such a thing? My goal is to distribute the humidity in my 82 qt. cooler. 

It wouldn't be too hard, as circuit diagrams for temp and time controlled pc fans are available online. You can build one using an Arduino Uno microcontroller yourself, if you are technically inclined.

• 1 month later...

What about something like the VALTERRA A10-2606 or the Camco Fridge Airator?
They won't move much air, but probably more than a Xikar one.

Alternatively, you could get a 120mm PC fan, get an adapter to make it USB powered, and use a USB ribbon cable to not break the seal?
Any mains phone charger would work with the fan.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

What about something like the VALTERRA A10-2606 or the Camco Fridge Airator?
They won't move much air, but probably more than a Xikar one.

Alternatively, you could get a 120mm PC fan, get an adapter to make it USB powered, and use a USB ribbon cable to not break the seal?
Any mains phone charger would work with the fan.

Both of those would be excellent if they didn’t run 24/7. I just need one to equalize the humidity and would only have to turn on occasionally. 

3 hours ago, OregonDuck said:

Both of those would be excellent if they didn’t run 24/7. I just need one to equalize the humidity and would only have to turn on occasionally. 

I think the Xikar would be the only option then.

However, using a 120mm PC fan with an adapter, ribbon cable, and mechanical timer would be the other option.

There are some timed fans, but it's usually a timer to turn the fan off.

I know a fellow who used an air freshener - without the scent obvs. Those ones that blow out periodically.

Basically a battery powered fan on a timer. Was small enough to have a couple in a cabinet.

Not been able to find any just looking though as they are all mains powered nowadays?

I know a fellow who used an air freshener - without the scent obvs. Those ones that blow out periodically.
Basically a battery powered fan on a timer. Was small enough to have a couple in a cabinet.
Not been able to find any just looking though as they are all mains powered nowadays?

Those are the Oust fans. I have two and wish I could find more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk