miscasting crackers....

1 hour ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

30 Years Later, 'Aliens' Is Great For White Women, Bad For Latinx

To be fair to Jenette Goldstein, she did play the role well. And when she originally went to the audition, she thought the movie was about "illegal aliens", not a bug hunt.

Now she works helping to support the masses.... 😏

• Like 2

*For the longest I refused to watch "Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins" because I resented seeing this White guy, Joel Grey play the part of the Korean trainer when they could have gotten a real Oriental. Then, many years later when I got older I gave it a chance. What a fantastic job he did! I didn't even know that he received, I believe, an Oscar for his portrayal in that role. And it doesn't bother me a tad to see a mammoth great actor like Lawrence Olivier` play Othello. He played it true to the role of the Moorish prince by really darkening his skin true to form instead of just a bit of brown pancake like most Caucasian actors would do for Black and African roles.  And a quick thumbs up for Eli Wallach as a Mexican bandit in Magnificent 7 and Good, Bad and Ugly.  He was so effective in those roles it seemed he always played Mexican bandits. It was only when I bought his autobiography that I learned it was only those two films that he played one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

Definitely loved Robert Downey Jr. In Tropic Thunder. That was pretty much poking fun at the phenomenon though so don't know if it counts.

"It ain't nothin' but a thing."  

• Like 3