Cigars under 7 years : Your best cigar experience to date in 2021?

Cigars under 7  years

Your best cigar experience to date in 2021?

I was asked this question last Friday and it wasn't as easy as usual.  It has been a good cigar smoking year so far :D

The one that jumps ahead of the pack is Cohiba Robusto   MAR SEP 20

I am not a big Cohiba smoker but that was an absolute cracker that I can close my eyes and still taste :cigar:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Custom rolls and Farmies from the last 4-5 years have become my go to. They deliver more consistent flavors and construction for me. 
I just looked at my spreadsheet and I dont have a single RP box with a 19 or 20 date. I still peruse the 24:24 threads and have even made a few unsuccessful buying attempts over the last 18 months, but even with all the rave reviews its been hard to send much coin in that direction the last few years. 
My best experience of this year was a Half 109 from the partagas factory. It hit on all Cylinders. Construction, Flavors, Progression, everything. I have another size from the same source I plan to review for the comp this weekend. 
I did enjoy a beautiful and delicious BCG from 2015 last weekend. But when I compared it to the Farm Roll I brought for my dad to smoke, it was several steps down. The flavors where less pronounced and the farm roll was far sweeter and more buttery. I'd take the much cheaper, but suboptimal sized farmie 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. I'm sure there will be a few boxes I cant resist during my next trip the island, but who knows when that will be. 
Edit: The BCG was actually PUR JUL 16.

Man, your description of the farm rolls has my mouth salivating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 2 that comes to mind.

QDO Senadores EL 2019 (TUA MAR20) - just a great cigar from start to finish. Flavors & construction was perfect.

Cohiba Esplendidos (RUM JUN17) - Rich flavors, great burn from start to finish.

• Like 2

The 2 I had that stood out above all the others were:

Cohiba Robusto - UMR DIC 20

RA No 2 Limited Edition 2019 -        SOR AGO 20

One that was close to these was the RA Silver Jubilee 2017 

All were very very enjoyable young and have taken a great deal of willpower to let the ones remaining rest.  Although I've had quite a few of the RA Silver Jubilees

Steve 

• Like 3

H. Upmann Mag 56 from a GEM May 20 jar. Incredibly smooth and delicious cigar at just 1 year of age. So good now, its hard to imagine how much potential they will have with age. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mtapia3 said:

H. Upmann Mag 56 from a GEM May 20 jar. Incredibly smooth and delicious cigar at just 1 year of age. So good now, its hard to imagine how much potential they will have with age. 

Probably aged tobacco to begin with? 

Best cigar this year so far for me has been a Diplomaticos Bushido I smoked a week or so ago. It only just gets in under the 7 year mark, at just over 6 years of age. With a perfect construction and burn, at this age this one had turned into pure magic. 99/100. I only have two left now unfortunately.

• Like 2

If we're talking young cigars the Punch 898 and the 2020 E2 I had a few days ago. The E2 was absolutely delicious but had a serious, hidden nicotine hit that started to kick in on the final third. It gave me the shakes and put me to sleep.  That last cigars to do that to me were fresh RACF, Cazadores and M520. 

• Like 1

Cigars under 7  years
Your best cigar experience to date in 2021?
I was asked this question last Friday and it wasn't as easy as usual.  It has been a good cigar smoking year so far 
The one that jumps ahead of the pack is Cohiba Robusto   MAR SEP 20
I am not a big Cohiba smoker but that was an absolute cracker that I can close my eyes and still taste :cigar:

I love the Cohiba Robustos, but don't get them often due to the cost.
The last one I had was a dud though.
Hopefully the other 2 are better, and planning to get more with next months order

Its hard to choose, as I have tried a lot of new Cigars this year, but I would say the Trinidad Coloniales has been the biggest stand out for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1