the bacardi yeasts - summing up cuba.

Ken Gargett

10 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

Well. One thing is for sure.  Bacardi is meant for mixed drinks.  None of their products qualify as a sipping rum.

You'll have to give the Facundo line a try.

• Like 2

Agree on the 8yo Ken. Had a few bottles in the past though it's been a while.

2 hours ago, Psiman said:

Bacardi could make rum that isn't dosed with sugar and coloring and diluted to 40%ABV and chill filtered but they don't and for the similar price you can get R.L.Seale's 10 year from Foursquare that is way better than Bacardi 8 year. 

no argument from me, as you know, on foursquare, but in fairness, i suspect a much bigger price differential here and the chances of getting a bottle of foursquare are so slim these days that we really are talking chalk and cheese. not just in the products themselves but in the chances of finding and drinking them. 

12 hours ago, Psiman said:

R. L. Seale’s 10 year here is $25-ish and I know it’s probably triple that in Australia. Crazy down there. The new Foursquare Shibboleth 16 year came out last week and it was $140 and I was whining and I can’t imagine what it would cost in Australia. I am getting so many cask strength high end rums these days here in California for $50-ish and they are all great. I got St. Lucia rum today that is cask strength for $40 at K&L and it is high level rum. Rhum Clement Vieux cask strength for $28. Cadenhead Classic for $50. I don’t even mess with Spanish style rum anymore because there are so many better things with great prices and no sugar added or chill filtered 

just cruel!!