How often do you think you get a fake CC?

Er, I'd say never. Ever. 

• Like 1

A friend went on a trip to Cuba and grabbed a box of Churchills for me for my Birthday.
They had me over upon their return and gave them to. At first I was super excited until I looked at the bottom layer and they looked terrible. I check for a factory code and date and nothing. My excitement quickly faded to disappointment, at the same time I was still pretending to be excited and happy. It's the thought that counts and they know nothing about cigars. Later on I told them they were fakes. They replied " I guess we got taken for 25$ . So in a way they were fakes but I am sure it was legitimate floor sweepings with legitimate Cuban tobacco, dust, saw dust and some hair.
On another note I once bought a Rass and a D4 from Mexico on a trip. To my surprise they were both excellent smokes. With real flavors of the Marca. Sometimes being lucky is better than good.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have never had a friend come home from Cuba with loose cigars the were authentic. There was a Spanish source who was rumored to mix fakes  in with authentic Cuban cigars like 15 years ago. That's the most conspiritorial example of crooks who sell fake Cuban cigars that I know of. There are vendors in Central America that are flat out crooks.  I only use a select few vendors and am sure I have never had a counterfeit from them.

• Like 1

a friend bought me a fake box of CoRo directly from Holguin airport. 

I think they had a real box on display, but all fake boxes below. He didn't know any better. 

I hate that Cubans sell fake cigars directly from their airports. I guess I'm supposed to "get it"....but I don't. It makes me not want to spend a dollar there. :(

• Like 1

My last fakes were some RyJ Belicoso that I bought in a beach in the DR. Cigars were actually pretty good, but I didn’t know any better. Happiky I have since found a number of reputable vendors including FOH. I also tend to smoke smaller rg and don’t geta lot of Cohiba so I’m mostly out of the counterfeit sweet spot. 
But rule No 1 is to know and trust your source. 

• Like 2

a friend bought me a fake box of CoRo directly from Holguin airport. 
I think they had a real box on display, but all fake boxes below. He didn't know any better. 
I hate that Cubans sell fake cigars directly from their airports. I guess I'm supposed to "get it"....but I don't. It makes me not want to spend a dollar there.
You're not allowed to anymore. Problem solved

Sent by spooky action at a distance