6 Robusto Blind Tasting?

Blind Tasting  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Things may have settled down enough to do a blind tasting competitiion for the last quarter of this year. :ok:

Assuming 24 months rested and the sampler comprises of the following:

Cohiba Robusto

Partagas Serie D Number 4

Bolivar Royal Corona 

Juan Lopez Seleccion Number 2 

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Number 2. 

Wild card Robusto (you won't need to name it..it will be there only to screw with your mind :D)

How many do you believe you could correctly identify in a blind tasting :thinking:

• Like 2

• El Presidente changed the title to 6 Robusto Blind Tasting?

I've participated in all sorts of different blinds tastings, here and in other venues. I put 2 or 3, because that's what the numbers support. Anyone who really thinks they can do better that 3 is delusional. You might get lucky and hit it once, but Cuban cigars are too irregular to replicate it regularly. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

I've participated in all sorts of different blinds tastings, here and in other venues. I put 2 or 3, because that's what the numbers support. Anyone who really thinks they can do better that 3 is delusional. You might get lucky and hit it once, but Cuban cigars are too irregular to replicate it regularly. 

Ditto. 

0 for me,  no experience and the sticks I have bought I am letting rest until September, have a week at the beach and will sample from my first orders.

• Like 1

3 that I smoke regularly and have them down pat. I think. 😁 And possibly 1 other that I have smoked once and ONLY if it was the same as the last one because it stood out so much milder than the others.

Lol!  I believe I can find the nuances of the cigars listed based on experience, but i know that will change once flame hits the foot.  Also based on experience…😅

Of those, I’d hit 5/6. The wildcard would be the only issue...

...he says while sitting, burning a BRC.

Got tripped up last year where the BRC I thought I was tasting was a D4. And the JL2 was actually a CORO. And so on. So maybe 2-3.

Let’s do this!

I can confidently say that I may be able to get 2, maybe 3 correct. Have had half of the selection, so I feel confident that I might, possibly get 2 correct accidentally. But would love to try and see how bad I fail. 

• Thanks 1

Well, looks like at this point we have 3 cocksure folks that think they'll get all 6!

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Smatthews607 said:

I can confidently say that I may be able to get 2, maybe 3 correct. Have had half of the selection, so I feel confident that I might, possibly get 2 correct accidentally. But would love to try and see how bad I fail. 

I’ve had all those many times over and still didn’t do well…

Just now, mprach024 said:

Lol 4 now, and no I was not one of them 

Neither was I!