Personal life hacks that have moved the needle?

I had a long  discussion with a member earlier this week who was having a pretty tough time and in dark place. Most of us have been (or will be) there at some time of our lives. 

God knows it has been a chalenging 18 months for many members here :cofcig:

Some of you have no doubt handled it better than others. Many are still coming to grips with the ongoing challenges. Even outside of Covid, I think there is a realisation that the pace of change (technological, social/political, economic ) is just a tad nervewracking. 

How have you handled it? How are you handling it?

Are there any small or major life hacks that you have implemented over the past 18 months that are making a positive difference for you. 

Your input will probably help others more than you know. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Cairo said:

I retired a couple of years ago.    I had no idea how stressful my job was until I stopped doing it.    Looking back it was the deadlines that were stressing me out...

If/when you can do it, do it.

👏👏👏

Great decision @Cairo !!!

13 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Don't bother with the people who won't the  take the time to get to know you before they pass judgement on you.....works for me every time :flower:

Life is to short,  so enjoy life the way you want to regardless of what anyone thinks :party:

100%

Find a supportive community. My church was literally a Godsend after Hurricane Harvey. Nor sure what we would have done without our church family. When you find that community, whatever form it may be, be a contributing member and be there for others, pay things forward during better times.

• Like 3

I quit the news and Twitter election night.  

When you no longer sweat the things you can’t control and realize 90% of the things you worry about never happen, your stress level decreases dramatically. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I try not to catastrophise a situation any more. Don't over-stress. Remain calm and positive and think, "is there something I can do to let someone know how I'm feeling about this scenario?" If not, accept it and move on. 

I learnt to respectfully and positively share with others how I feel. Other people tend to find you more easy to connect with because chances are that they are going through similar life situations. If you don't let people know how you feel they can't help you and what's worse, you may get more anxious and/or depressed.

Bullseye. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Similar to the themes in these replies…get off screens more, especially at night. Get more outside time, let the sun hit your eyes and skin. Breathe fresh air, breath with intention. Walk barefoot in the grass, sand. We were designed to be connected to Earth, not WiFi.

The double edge sword to what I just said, but a great hack for me…A lot of these little habits I have set reminders in an app called Streaks so that they eventually become part of my daily fabric. Highly recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Tinned pear halves in juice (not syrup) with a sliced banana and a couple of scoops of salted caramel ice-cream.

Perfect.

Zoom calls with friends were awkward and a bit weird as really only one conversation works at a time and we're all sitting there looking at each other. Everyone is looking at everyone for the duration. It is weird.

Zoom calls with friends and poker works much better.

• Like 2

Another vote for exercise. Putting on a good sweat works wonders for my mood. Covid has been, or still is depending where one lives, a horrible event. When my gym closed I got on my bicycle and it's been a life saver. The rides get me out side away from distractions and I always feel better after 20 miles. I'm a rock and roll drummer and have been playing original material in a four piece band twice a week. Believe me, the music might not be great but we are having a fantastic time and band practice has given me  something fun  to look forward to for the last 8 months. Add two or three good cigars to the hack list and I'm getting along fine.

• Like 2