Personal life hacks that have moved the needle?

I also have to say unplugging social media and meditation had the biggest impact.

I was never into social media and was pretty much using only FB to stay in touch with friends living far away, but I quit using FB during the 2016 US presidential elections and never looked back. Like everyone already said social media is just too toxic and this point and it has nothing to do with connecting people anymore, it's all about getting everybody enraged and polarized.

Meditation has been a big surprise. I have to admit that I was skeptical about it, but it proved to be a huge help in coping with frustration, anxiety and all the unpleasantness that has been going around lately. 

• Like 1

The following has certainly helped for myself.

A focus on consitency/repetition

little to no social media. 

little to no commmercial news. 

Avoiding conspiracy theory protagonists and hashtag huggers in equal measure. 

Lot's of reaching out to mates and family. Zoom, long  lunches where possible. 

Going for an hour walk daily.  I make my business calls while walking each morning. 

Introducing a low impact high efficiency daily exercise program. Body weight/bands/chin up bar/few dumb bells/swiss ball/jump rope

10 minute meditation (thankfullness) and 10 minute journalling first up in am. 

about to introduce  "tinned pear halves in juice (not syrup) with a sliced banana and a couple of scoops of salted caramel ice-cream":D

• Like 3

My wife may not be as much of a fan as I am but I have been smoking a cigar pretty much every evening. I have a stressful job. A cigar and staring at the garden/pool/porch/my feet etc for an hour or so is my equivalent of meditation. 

And I have had quite a bit of joy collecting and aging cigars as well. My friends make fun of me for the number of cigars I have. Oddly many enjoy joining me for a stick and light conversation as well. 

• Like 2

Me:

• Avoiding dog rockets and donkey dick poopy rockets
  • Using FOH 24:24 even moar
  • Popping in FOH Zoom Herf
  • Using Colibri V-Cut and PerfecDraw (will get Cuban Crafters Dos Chabetas Perfect Cutter and Fox Knives Figaro Cutter for straight cut)
  • Writing Kimfessions Series
  • Like 3

There is some great advice in here, thanks to everyone for sharing. 

My own personal motto is to keep moving forward. Don’t dwell on the failure or mis step. Just keep moving forward. It’s easy to wollow in self doubt, pity and what could have been should x of happened. 

Keep moving forward and good things will happen both inside and out. 

5 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

8. Read hard cover books instead of kindle/put my phone away at 730 every night and never bring it into my bedroom.

We challenge you to put the phone/internet away two hours earlier, Karl. We believe this will truly help you…😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No advice. I generally think that in this day and age as a society we generally care very little about our fellow inhabitants of this planet. I don’t think I can remember the last time someone said hello when you walk past them. 

We should probably all pray for an asteroid to bring a clean slate. 

3 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

No advice. I generally think that in this day and age as a society we generally care very little about our fellow inhabitants of this planet. I don’t think I can remember the last time someone said hello when you walk past them. 

We should probably all pray for an asteroid to bring a clean slate. 

I know with Rodgers playing golf and Jeopardy instead of football you're a little down but sheesh.  Good morning!

• Haha 1

When I move into a new flat back in 2005 the TV was leaving behind. Nice life without TV, just try. No more bs news from the channels. 

I was working for a company that was given me really a hard time. One morning I was sitting on the loo 🚽 meditate about the upcoming working day and came to the conclusion and my new mantra: Avoid everything what makes you ugly. 
This is a super force 🦸‍♀️  Believe me or not. Just hold on, get your feelings sorted, does this person, company, live situation makes you shine . If not - go from the situation. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

I don’t think I can remember the last time someone said hello when you walk past them. 

In small towns it is a different world--if you can figure out a way to do it try to move somewhere where "community" is not just a word but an everyday reality.

There are plenty of places out there where neighbors help each other because they enjoy doing it, and not because they expect anything in return.

• Like 3