Something you don't see every day: Chateau Yquem

For those who have smoked a Cuban-made Davidoff back in the days or now. How would you describe the flavor or experience? 

Do they remind you of anything in the current production line or back then, what was the closest flavor profile, Cohibas/Hoyo or?

7 minutes ago, Edicion said:

For those who have smoked a Cuban-made Davidoff back in the days or now. How would you describe the flavor or experience? 

Do they remind you of anything in the current production line or back then, what was the closest flavor profile, Cohibas/Hoyo or?

I've had a few.  Each quite different and of varying vintage. I'd say Hoyo with a bit more kick. Except for the Dom P I smoked.  Very weak/faint cigar.  A 1970 Davidoff No 1 blew my mind though.  Started of mild/medium bodied but at the halfway point it exploded into bolder tasting notes that kept evolving.  Overall, they were very smooth smokes but I think that has more to do with the age. Never smoked one fresh though.

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Puros Y Vino for sharing. Sounds like smoking a Davidoff was and is a unique experience. I have seen some boxes for sale amongst collectors only and it only confirms what a masterpiece they must be.

...and so the hunt begins for a Davidoff stick then. Can someone lend me their time machine to go back to 1969/1970?

Anyone have a copy of the Chateau Series cigars poster?  I think it was produced by Davidoff or Habanos.  A friend had it in his office about 25 years ago.