I just needed to vent a little

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mods seeing this thread.....  

If new federal holidays are created using an exponential function (to honor every group in the Woke Pantheon), I would calculate there will be no workdays left by 2040. Hopefully the robots will

I think this is pretty harsh. If the end of slavery isn't worth celebrating, what is?.......but I do believe people can celebrate a day, and also choose to go to work.  For example for something like

21 hours ago, cigcars said:

*Just to let you know - as soon as the slaves were supposedly "freed" (and the Juneteenth Holiday is for the slaves that were deliberately informed 2 years later that they'd been freed) the Slave Owners were IMMEDIATELY PAID REPARATIONS then and there for their loss of free revenue. Even in Haiti, when they'd freed themselves from French rule only to have the Americans march into their country in 1820 and dissolve their parliament at gunpoint - they were made to pay reparations to France right then and there for the loss of revenue. Why does it always have to be a point of contention to PAY THE VICTIMS SOME KIND of reparations for what they'd suffered??? Huh?? It hasn't been done YET. Plus I don't know WHERE you're getting this $22 trillion to minority communities since the Great Society laws. They wouldn't be in the blighted conditions it would seem if so. That is due to this fake, false phony "drug war".

With all due respect .. I think the Quoted Poster was just saying when is enough enough ? 1865 was a long time ago and we still have so many social programs aimed at the groups that were wronged. EEO, College entry ... to many to list. 

The programs will never go away and are perceived as unfair to anyone not a woman or minority or a new minority ie.. Transgender etc.. 

And the narrative that white males are responsible for all the worlds evils is being inferred ad nauseam .. 

Anyone can make it with a little ambition and focus.  I couldn't afford College or University so I enlisted in the military for the GI Bill which helped me to achieve my goal. Even then,  we still lived hand to mouth as students during that time and still had student load payments well into my late 30's.

Life is hard , where you end up is based on ambition and choices made. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2021 at 5:46 PM, Chas.Alpha said:

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective, my industry (construction) doesn’t observe ANY Federal holidays, save for Christmas Day and Thanksgiving. I have worked on both of those days during my career... 😔

Same here - my industry ( airline ) did not even observe those two, we had NO holidays as that is when people fly ... 🙂

Never missed not having "official" holidays, the job was pretty much a permanent holiday for me most of the time anyway 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

With all due respect .. I think the OP was just saying when is enough enough ? 1865 was a long time ago and we still have so many social programs aimed at the groups that were wronged. EEO, College entry ... to many to list. 

The programs will never go away and are perceived as unfair to anyone not a woman or minority or a new minority ie.. Transgender etc.. 

And the narrative that white males are responsible for all the worlds evils is being inferred ad nauseam .. 

Anyone can make it with a little ambition and focus.  I couldn't afford College or University so I enlisted in the military for the GI Bill which helped me to achieve my goal. Even then,  we still lived hand to mouth as students during that time and still had student load payments well into my late 30's.

Life is hard , where you end up is based on ambition and choices made. 

Nope, my original post had nothing to do with the merits of the holiday itself and everything to do with the severe lack of intelligence and foresight of lawmakers to pass any federal holiday with no notice.  That and the fact that my industry is getting regulated into the dust by these same ding-a-lings that cannot do anything but rules with no idea of how to interpret them.  If you all want to discuss the merits of the holiday itself or who should be grateful to who, please create your own thread.

• Like 2

Sorry @Chibearsv didn't mean you I screwed that up...I meant the person quoted..... Didn't mean to put that on you.... again... so sorry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...and how the topic digressed. 😀

Any shot the Bears make the playoffs this year? 😳

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Sorry @Chibearsv didn't mean you I screwed that up...I meant the person quoted..... Didn't mean to put that on you.... again... so sorry

This is why the Aussies have made U.S. politics a forbidden subject on our forum. They do not deem us reasonable enough to have a civil discussion on the subject.

Kind’a makes you proud, doesn’t it?... 🙄🇺🇸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

The same shot my Cowboys have 😁

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Cairo said:

I would calculate there will be no workdays left by 2040.

Hopefully the robots will be ready for a full takeover by then.   😛

That’s what they want. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, MrBirdman said:

Guys, the complaint here really seems to be the incredibly short notice not the holiday itself. There no question that one day notice is ridiculous. What hasn’t been mentioned is why this happened. And the reason is unfortunate and simple: the US Senate has the most arcane, undemocratic rules of any legislative body found in developed democracies.

The resolution for Juneteenth, which passed unanimously in both houses, was held up by a single Senator from mid-2020 until early last week (Ron Johnson, R-WI), as is his right under Senate rules. His decision to relent now instead of two months or two weeks ago was cynically aimed at precipitating the exact scenario @Chibearsv understandably is pissed about, aimed obviously at the other party.

So let’s aim the animus where it is really deserved - one dude in a ridiculously anachronistic house of Congress, without whom this would’ve happened months ago.  

Great post here

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

...and how the topic digressed. 😀

This is why the Aussies have made U.S. politics a forbidden subject on our forum. They do not deem us reasonable enough to have a civil discussion on the subject.

Kind’a makes you proud, doesn’t it?... 🙄🇺🇸

Love this post.  Usually when my friends and I are in full loud argument mode, someone will say "How 'bout those Bears?" which immediately stops the arguing. 

Any shot?...how the hell did we make the playoffs last year with 8-8 record?  Same "shot" as your Vikings I'm guessing; especially if Voldemort isn't playing this year in cheeseland.  Can they actually win a playoff game if they get in?...I don't think so.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Love this post.  Usually when my friends and I are in full loud argument mode, someone will say "How 'bout those Bears?" which immediately stops the arguing. 

Any shot?...how the hell did we make the playoffs last year with 8-8 record?  Same "shot" as your Vikings I'm guessing; especially if Voldemort isn't playing this year in cheeseland.  Can they actually win a playoff game if they get in?...I don't think so.

Voldemort! 🤣😂